[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Mental Illness On Olanzpine : Your Story • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Mental Illness On Olanzpine

Read the top five entries and vote for your favorite in the current Writer's Digest Your Story competition. (You must be a registered member of the WD Forum to view and vote.)
yellowducky
Private E-1

Mental Illness On Olanzpine

Postby yellowducky » Wed May 17, 2017 6:39 am

I think it would be a good thing is to write a story all about my struggle against food and my fear of becoming fatter and I was wondering what do you think of a story like that any views?? ;)

ostarella
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Mental Illness On Olanzpine

Postby ostarella » Wed May 17, 2017 7:17 am

Nobody can predict what will generate interest and what won't. A lot of it depends on how well it's written. The only way to find out is to write it.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

Writing is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as the headlights, but you make the whole trip that way.
- E L Doctrow

yellowducky
Private E-1

Postby yellowducky » Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Well if you have an opinion,a motivator,and general chit chat about the whole mental illness,about how I feel and the people that have annoyed me during the times I take my medication ,You think that would be interesting ?

ostarella

Postby ostarella » Thu May 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Again - if you write it well and make it interesting, then yeah. I would suggest you look at other people who have done what you want to do (I'm assuming this is for a blog of some sort), and see what they did (or didn't do) to build readership.
Formerly shadowwalker

Writing is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as the headlights, but you make the whole trip that way.
- E L Doctrow

yellowducky
Private E-1

Postby yellowducky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 am

but do YOU think that would be a good story to read?

ostarella

Postby ostarella » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:20 am

Personally, no. Only because I've lived with a mental illness for decades; I'm tired of it. I'm tired of listening to or reading about other people's struggles. I've learned how to live with it and have moved on to actually live my life. Others, of course, would be more interested. THOSE people make up your audience.
Formerly shadowwalker

- E L Doctrow

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:54 am

[quote="yellowducky"]I think it would be a good thing is to write a story all about my struggle against food and my fear of becoming fatter and I was wondering what do you think of a story like that any views?? ;)[/quote]
==========

unless you are very famous
or did something truly aamazing
then nobody will care about your food or alcohol or drug or whatever problem you struggled with

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:55 am

[quote="yellowducky"]Well if you have an opinion,a motivator,and general chit chat about the whole mental illness,about how I feel and the people that have annoyed me during the times I take my medication ,You think that would be interesting ?[/quote]
============

no

unless you are very famous
or did something truly aamazing
then nobody will care

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:57 am

[quote="yellowducky"]but do YOU think that would be a good story to read?[/quote]
=============

absolutely not

the world is full of addicts and others who think the world wants to read how they overcame some problem

the dirty little truth is that they all have their own problems and dont care about yours

Return to Your Story