[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
self pub interview book w/ photos & need basic legal advice : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

self pub interview book w/ photos & need basic legal advice

DanWriter
Private E-1

self pub interview book w/ photos & need basic legal advice

Postby DanWriter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Hi, I am self publishing an interview book with photos and need some basic legal advice... I have permission from all the 'interviewees' and photographers to use their photos by email message, but am a little worried that I should get signed release forms... 1, from the ‘interviewees’ to have their 'text' as well as image of them, appear in the book (kind of like a model release for a photo to be used in a magazine, etc.) and 2, from the photographers

I have about 75 'interviewees' and thus, about 75 photographers as well, from all over the world in different languages, and it will be a huge job to do this (and get them to sign it and post it back to me, since none of them are getting paid, including myself - it is an eclectic topic that serves mostly just our community and not the general public, so I doubt it will sell that many copies…)

So, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about how 'concerned' I should be about everyone signing a release form, or is an email 'ok' good enough?

Thanks!

cheers,
Dan

pls
Site Admin

Re: self pub interview book w/ photos & need basic legal adv

Postby pls » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 am

I strongly suggest that you obtain your legal advice from a lawyer, not from here from random writers.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

robjvargas
Captain

Re: self pub interview book w/ photos & need basic legal adv

Postby robjvargas » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Return to General Questions & Discussions