[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
'Invisible' Sales : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

'Invisible' Sales

Oldtimer
Colonel

'Invisible' Sales

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:43 am

I have just updated my web page. On it I wanted to direct readers to both Smashwords for free digital copies and to Amazon where paperbacks can be bought for prices ranging from $7.25 to one hopeful (dictionaries-something-or-other) who is charging $22+. There are three 'used' copies of Truth Will Out and twelve used or new copies available of Brotherly Love.

What I want to know is how can there be 'used' copies when I haven't sold a single paperback copy of either book? :shock:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Re: 'Invisible' Sales

Postby pls » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Ultimate Cheapskate
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Ultimate Cheapskate » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Dorothy -

Might they be print copies you gave away to others? I'm always surprised (and a little ticked off!) at the number of people I "gift" copies to who immediately put them up for sale on Amazon, Ebay, etc.
- Jeff Yeager --- http://www.UltimateCheapskate.com
Author, "The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches" and three other fine-but-cheap books published by Random House
NBC TODAY Show's Ultimate Cheapskate
Blogging at AARP.org

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:05 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 am

Why don't you buy one and see what you get. I've got a feeling it will be someone else's novel called Truth Will Out.

An engaging legal romp about a deceased multi-millionaire Reginald Truth, and his five nephews who will only receive his money if they admit to being gay (whether they're homosexual or not).
The Rule of Three

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:48 am

MatthewTM
Corporal

Postby MatthewTM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 pm

It is possible it could be 'drop-shipping' in some cases like this (not necessarily this one). That's where a seller orders stock as needed at a lower price and then forwards it on to the end recipient, pocketing a modest difference. If you do a web search you'll find a number of strategies for using Amazon, eBay and other sites in this way.

Return to General Questions & Discussions