[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Marketing Challenge - The Lord's Bedchamber : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Marketing Challenge - The Lord's Bedchamber

Christopher Sly
Private E-1

Marketing Challenge - The Lord's Bedchamber

Postby Christopher Sly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 am

I self-publish all of my work. I like giving my words away for free and want to continue that. I recently completed a work titled: The Lord's Bedchamber - My Secret Hero Journey, and my business plan is to continue providing the text for free, and try to sell the story to Hollywood.

I'm new to marketing and this text has some unusual challenges -

Content: To end war and poverty, I try to convice Pope Francis that Jesus was one of the peoples' greatest heroes, and that , he, Pope Francis, is in fact the second coming. I think I pull it off, but expect there will be those who disagree.

Complexity: This is a framed creative nonfiction form I call a "metaplay". On the Home Page is the text, the play created. On the Blog Page is the "Threshold Diary", the play of creation.

Credability: The Secret Hero Journey story is a little much to believe. And then there is the "enlightenment" thing in High Ground, and the inciting incident I describe in the blog diary post - California Pot Grower Plays the Second Coming, which set me off on this desperate attempt to feed my children by creating a play to feed all hungry children. I'm just another writer saving the world, and I do this kind if thing all of the time, as you can see in the Prologue.

I will continue reading from your many thoughtful and entertaining posts on the self-publishing game. If anybody has any ideas on building an audience for The Lord's Bedchamber I would love to hear them. What I was hoping was that university educators might find it useful as a tool for the study of charater movement and the hero' journey.

Thank you all for what I am learning in this forum.
"The word that can be spoken is not the true word." Lao Tzu

Bacchus Town Writer's Blog
Bacchus Town Twitter

Return to General Questions & Discussions