[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
self-publishing: pulling back the curtain : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

self-publishing: pulling back the curtain

Tim_i
Private E-1

self-publishing: pulling back the curtain

Postby Tim_i » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:53 am

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site, but joined up to gain some honest opinions about a project I've just started.

My general impression from chatting to a small pool of authors is that there is a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to publishing a book (a bit of a case of 'the more you know, the more you realise there is to know' ) so the basic idea is an educational site for writers looking to publish (independently or traditionally), with a comprehensive overview of the options and (ultimately) a database of service providers such as editors, designers, marketers etc to help authors connect with people that can provide genuine value to their work.

I think it's also important because as it stands the industry surrounding self-publishing is a) woefully underdeveloped and b) where developed, murky. Received wisdom is still being forged, often by the very companies that authors are finding themselves needing to rely on for advice and assistance, and so the chances of being ripped-off are huge.

My work so far (done on evenings and weekends - so do be kind!) is available at (Spam link removed. Please contact WD sales reps if you wish to advertise your site -pls.). Would love your thoughts.

Thank you!

pls
Site Admin

Re: self-publishing: pulling back the curtain

Postby pls » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

lysagrant
Private E-1

Postby lysagrant » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:43 pm

That's a shame that the link was removed - didn't look like a spam comment to me! Promotional, yes, spam no. Always on the lookout for a new resource.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 am

Return to General Questions & Discussions