[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Alternatives to Digital Editions to read ePub on PC? : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Alternatives to Digital Editions to read ePub on PC?

Arpeggio
Private E-1

Alternatives to Digital Editions to read ePub on PC?

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 am

I've got some non-fiction books and would really like to know if there are any other ways to read ePubs with DRM on a PC. Adobe Digital Editions doesn't handle graphics very well. It doesn't resize them at all (in the way Kindle for PC does), larger diagrams get cut off at the bottom and a page turn doesn't view the bottom of the diagram as the reader sees it as being part of the previous page.

I know my eBooks aren't going to be an issue for large screen eReaders but I don't want to release eBooks that are not good for people who might want to read off a PC. I think I can use Nook for PC and iBooks as they don't have the same issues. The reviews I have seen of Adobe Digital Editions are pretty poor. So far I have looked and there don't seem to be any other options which is a pity but if anyone can correct me on that I'd be happy to know.

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Alternatives to Digital Editions to read ePub on PC?

Postby robjvargas » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Arpeggio
Private E-1

Re: Alternatives to Digital Editions to read ePub on PC?

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Rob. I'll just have have to wait. Originally I avoided ePub altogether when only ADE 1.8 was out because it would view graphics in poor quality. This is regarding my first 3 books but any more I write will be suited with musical exercises (as opposed to entire pieces). eBooks are a pain for musical pieces knowing the page turn can be enough hassle on A4 paper as it is, never mind what would be or 2 or 3 lines at a time on an eBook so its big enough to read. Well, at least screens are getting bigger it seems.

Return to General Questions & Discussions