[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Kickstarter/Pubslush/IndieGoGo? : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Kickstarter/Pubslush/IndieGoGo?

mfarraday
Lieutenant

Kickstarter/Pubslush/IndieGoGo?

Postby mfarraday » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm re-starting this thread about Kickstarter. Please reply with personal anecdotes and advice about using that website to accumulate funds for a quality edit of a 2nd/3rd draft novel.

I've heard about Pubslush and IndieGoGo, too. I'm actually more inclined to go with them now that people have told me about them, because it seems you can receive what has been pledged, even if you don't hit your goal. If you're experienced with any of these, let me know.

Please stay on topic, thanks.

M.

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Kickstarter/Pubslush/IndieGoGo?

Postby robjvargas » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 pm

No experience.

Just remember that you're one voice among many. You *have* to give potential investors, donators, whatever-they-are, something worth their money.

Some particularly insightful truth in your work, a compelling story behind the story. And so on.

Also consider that this may be a trough you can go to only once.

If you do this, and only give them "good enough," they probably won't do this with you again. It's got be "the best I've got to give."
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm

No experience, here, either. And none planned.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mfarraday
Lieutenant

Postby mfarraday » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 pm

I definitely do not want to publish anything, which will be attributed to my name from now and for all eternity, that isn't my best work. I promise I will go through several drafts and an editor before I try to sell it. May take a few years though... ;) To me, it's not so much about disappointing investors, as it is about disappointing myself.

Thanks.

Return to General Questions & Discussions