[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Why promote ebooks for free : General Questions & Discussions • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Why promote ebooks for free

updog
General of the Army

Re: Why promote ebooks for free

Postby updog » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Cheap, I buy a lot of ebooks, and I have never been upset with the writer when the book I bought for $8.99 a month ago goes on sale for $1.99. I kick myself for not waiting, but I never get angry. I feel the same about the freebies when the book is self-published. I can't promise you that no one will be bothered by it, but the way I look at it is by offering it for free in giveaways or promotions, you're giving the people who are on the fence about buying it a chance to get their hands on a copy, risk free! I know I've found quite a few new favorite authors because of Barnes and Noble's "deal of the day" and the books they put on sale cheap. I wouldn't have bought them if it weren't for those promotions, so I personally think it's the same kind of thing with the giveaways. And I'm a cheapskate, so...
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Elease Singh
Private E-1

Re: Why promote ebooks for free

Postby Elease Singh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:38 am

In order to get your e-book in front of as many eyes as possible, you will need some patience, a plan and some creative ideas. One of these ideas is offering a FREE download of your book.

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions