How do you respond to silence?

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Re: How do you respond to silence?

Postby Elibet1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 am

Don't ever lose that childlike excitment Dot. It's one of the great joys of life; even if we get a bit over-excited at times. :-)

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:25 am

I am still waiting for comments from my two scientists, but I received a very nice thank you note from Mark Stewart, the editor of the British Interplanetary Society's magazine, Odyssey for the copy that I donated to the Society's library. Imagine my surprise, and joy!, when I found a large image of Jonesing in the latest edition of Odyssey. The BIS has thousands of members. It appears that, without meaning to, I tapped a potential market. I'm crossing my fingers that my book will be borrowed from the library and, hopefully, sales will result. :P
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:38 am

Whoo-hoo! How exciting Dorothy. Hoping this really is a galatic-size market for you. Well done. :)

Twix1
Private E-1

Postby Twix1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Sometimes I just respond with silence and patience. A month ago I sent a story to a friend who is a journalist and book/art/drama reviewer for a paper in New England. This story is something I have had rejected a couple of times but the last rejection contained two paragraphs of likes and dislikes from an editor of a respected literary magazine. While I waited four months for this response, I had expected an immediate response from my friend. Then I got to thinking how busy her day is. She also writes reviews for a library publication as well. She also is a copy editor for the Gale online databases.

I am a teacher and at times former students send me their work for me to read and sometimes it takes me weeks before I can give an honest critique. I keep thinking about this and it helps me to realize that this process just takes time.

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions