[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
WD Self-Published Book Awards : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

WD Self-Published Book Awards

Oldtimer
Colonel

WD Self-Published Book Awards

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Is it possible to enter a digital version of a self-published book in this competition? I tried to find out by checking the relevant page under the Competitions heading, but the only submission requirements I found related to log-in and fees.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: WD Self-Published Book Awards

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Toward the bottom, #3 under rules it states "Entrants must send a printed and bound book", so apparently ebooks aren't accepted.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Shame! :cry:

Thanks for putting me right, Shadow.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

You may want to check out some of the local print shops, like Kinko's or Office Depot etc - not sure how much one bound book would cost exactly but others have said it's not that expensive. I didn't look at the details of the contest, but it's something you could check out, if only to see if it might be worth while.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Return to General Questions & Discussions