[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Page views : General Questions & Discussions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Page views

Oldtimer
Colonel

Page views

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 am

One of my stories had six page views in fourteen days, but no sample downloads. Should I be excited that the novel seems to be having more exposure or disappointed that my blurb and/or cover image don't appear to be attractive enough?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Page views

Postby pls » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

These stats are from Smashwords only, right? Unfortunately, no other e-book supplier provides such info. Nonetheless, most of the other authors who are in the same Facebook groups as I'm in agree that results from Smashwords are very disappointing and have been for months, as readers seem to go directly to the sources which supplied their e-readers - Amazon for the Kindle, Barnes & Noble for the Kindle, Sony for the Sony Reader, etc.

You are on Amazon, right? I would guess that e-books from Amazon sell all other sources combined by something like 25 to 1.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

wondo
Colonel

Postby wondo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

From what I understand mostly other writers are hanging out at Smashwords and the value of Smashwords isn't what you sell on Smashwords but the markets you have access to through them. I have only sold a couple of books on Smashwords itself. I am doing well on Apple, Kobo and Sony. Better than on Amazon
A garden is a place not just for growing plants. It is a place to grow the soul as well.

http://www.mossyfeetbooks.com/

http://www.facebook.com/ae.mableson

http://www.indianaplaces.com/

http://www.aemableson.com

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:19 pm

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

I don't believe I'd purchased my Kindle before I uploaded most of my novels to Amazon.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm

I feel like an idiot. So many chances missed. I'll have another try at the weekend and this time I'll read the instructions VERY carefully.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Next

Return to General Questions & Discussions