[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Advices and help on self-publishing : General Questions & Discussions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Advices and help on self-publishing

mpw
Private E-1

Re: Advices and help on self-publishing

Postby mpw » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Last year I self-published my book, titled, "Babe's Place: The Lives of Yankee Stadium." It's 509 pages long. Of the 239 photos in the book, 30 are in color. I have since made corrections and additions to it. A fine publishing company published it for me, and did a fine job. I would absolutely recommend them. I don't know if I'm allowed to say their name or not, so I won't. They have wonderful customer service. Talking to a friend of mine, she said I should go print on demand. She said after the initial setup fee, I can order as many or as few books as I need. She said it would cost me less money to go print on demand.

In February of 2014, I am scheduled to give a lecture at a local college. I have no books of the 125 I purchased from the self-publishing company. I paid about $4,500. for the books. This included formatting and printing the book in hardcover. I have three for myself, gave some to friends, family, and the people that kindly helped me with information &/or interviews for the book. I sold maybe 25 of them. I currently have an electronic version of my book on lulu.com.

Is there a good print on demand that anyone would recommend? Or any to stay away from? Or, if anyone has a different idea, I'd welcome that.

Thank you.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Advice and help on self-publishing

Postby pls » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 am

Many WD forumites use Amazon's CreateSpace for POD publishing. But consider your local printers, too - you may be able to get a good price if you are able to avoid shipping costs.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mpw
Private E-1

Re: Advice and help on self-publishing

Postby mpw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions