[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Self Published Writers Forum : General Questions & Discussions • Page 6 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Self Published Writers Forum

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Re: Self Published Writers Forum

Postby Elibet1 » Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Dorothy,
You don't need a professional to Mod the board. Just someone who can remain objective and keep the peace.
Paul being a Global Mod has a huge workload trying to keep up with everything that happens on these forums
so he probably wouldn't want to oversee any one particular board in addition. But, I could be wrong. The whole
thing is moot until said board is up and running anyway. Which, might never happen.

I wonder if anyone has contacted Brian about it?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat May 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

writesistah
Private E-2

Postby writesistah » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:31 pm

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

I agree with writesistah. Also their print mag does issues on Self-Publishing, so why not?
Previously published writer starting over.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

With some trepidation, I've decided that, after my holiday, I am going to commit one of my books to Smashwords and have spent the last couple of hours printing out their Style Guide. This novel was highly recommended by ABook2Read.com and for which I received a contract from them. However, after selling a dozen copies, the site folded and I have been released from the contract. The manuscript I submitted to ABook2Read was written on an ancient Dell which came to grief in a recent thunderstorm. I now have an HP EliteBook 8560 loaded with Office 2010 and I believe it will automatically put my work into the correct style if I retype it. What would you do? Retype following Smashwords guide and get someone else to proof-read, or try to do a global update on the current manuscript? :?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks, pls. I'm going to copy and print out your advice and have it handy for when I get back.
Oh, and thank you for "pinning" this thread.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:22 am

rweinstein6
Lieutenant

Postby rweinstein6 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 am

I highly recommend you publish to Amazon too, Dorothy. I sell WAY more over there and the money comes faster. The only differnece between the two is in the copyright page. SW has a copyright blurb you put in for their site. Just cut it out and save as another doc with the word "amz" in the title so you can tell the difference in the future is what I do.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank you, Rebecca and Paul. You see, this is EXACTLY the kind of advice I had hoped would be offered to self-publishing newbies like me and anyone else who decides to go the Smashwords route. :D :D
BTW ... 48 more hours and I'll be on my way!! Be good while I'm gone.

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions & Discussions