[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
How much does it COST to Self-Publish a Book? : General Questions & Discussions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

How much does it COST to Self-Publish a Book?

MPhillip
Private E-1

Re: How much does it COST to Self-Publish a Book?

Postby MPhillip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Last edited by MPhillip on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:09 pm

[quote="MPhillip"]
Calling a WD member a liar in any terms is still calling her/him a liar. The thread was about how much it costs to publish a book, not your opinion on the veracity of someone's statement. Why not go back to "your house" and continue trashing WD members over there? Don't worry - I already chose the 'delete account' button in "your house".

Even in your own house you don't get to choose what people find offensive.[/quote]

I'm not sure anyone was calling anyone a liar. To me it sounded more like "well, that's not totally true because there's something else to consider". But that's my interpretation.

At any rate, if anyone has a problem with someone else's post, rather than attacking each other on the forum, may I suggest either reporting the post or taking it to PM. I think we've all had enough of the public battling. I know I have.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:43 pm

I went back to re-read the entire thread. A number of posts are now empty.
Agree with ostarella. I dont see anyone calling anyone a liar. Just one person who has a view of self publishing that most others do not share.

While I agree that we should only write to make money, I realise that others do it as a hobby or to be creative or have other motivations, and that is their constitutional right to write that way.

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Sorry, but I don't see any issues with this thread unless they were deleted. Rob was just pointing out or even encouraging others to make writing more than a hobby. Compassion bleeds onto the pages and that hard work is worth something even if you are never compensated.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Just to be explicit, I didn't even think anyone was being dishonest, much less intend to post that way.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:12 pm

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]Sorry, but I don't see any issues with this thread unless they were deleted. Rob was just pointing out or even encouraging others to make writing more than a hobby. Compassion bleeds onto the pages and that hard work is worth something even if you are never compensated.[/quote]

I think the issues are bugs with the software. Some posts were not visible. Else they were deleted in the text but not the header.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 pm

A lot of missing posts can be resurrected if the poster can get back to their profile and do an edit. I was able to do that with several of mine under my new userid but until I can figure out how to get to my old one, those are gone. :( I'm hoping with the software update those might show up again, but...
Formerly shadowwalker

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:10 pm

[quote="ostarella"]A lot of missing posts can be resurrected if the poster can get back to their profile and do an edit. I was able to do that with several of mine under my new userid but until I can figure out how to get to my old one, those are gone. :( I'm hoping with the software update those might show up again, but...[/quote]

I discovered I can read most of the blank posts if I hit the quote button. Or if it's your own post, hit edit. I didn't do that in my profile, but right in the thread.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 pm

[quote="updog"][quote="ostarella"]A lot of missing posts can be resurrected if the poster can get back to their profile and do an edit. I was able to do that with several of mine under my new userid but until I can figure out how to get to my old one, those are gone. :( I'm hoping with the software update those might show up again, but...[/quote]

I discovered I can read most of the blank posts if I hit the quote button. Or if it's your own post, hit edit. I didn't do that in my profile, but right in the thread.[/quote]

Cool about the quote. I went through my profile so I could hit them all without searching through each discussion - but whatever works! :D
Formerly shadowwalker

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions