[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Want to write a traditional story for a adventure game? : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Want to write a traditional story for a adventure game?

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Vollkrasser
Private E-1

Want to write a traditional story for a adventure game?

Postby Vollkrasser » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi,

I made a script/plot for new cases in the traditional style of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s stories of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. That script is the basis for a non-commercial online adventure game version. I can do all the tech, visual and gameplay stuff for the game, but i need a writer in the style of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

The first previews of the game are…

...here in video

...here pics with the final lightning, scroll down in the forum, the last post on page 1

...here is the first scene playable online (graphics there are just placeholdeers and will be replaced):

The game ought to be in British English, best would be the old Victorian style of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I’m not a native English speaker, and it would be a sacrilege to have even the slightest foreign accent for this. That would be German in my case, which is reserved for the villains already ;-)

So I’m looking for a writer, who would like to take part in this project for free as I also do.
The workflow would be that he/she starts from my bad English script and writes a nice round story out of it that can then be the novel part of the adventure. Think of it as a bit like Dr. Watson did with the bare facts of Holmes: he made entertaining and exciting stories out of it. It would be similar with our cooperation for the adventure.

Best would be if the writer speaks a bit german, but it’s not a must.
The final game will be free and online playable by everybody even without registration on the above platform.

The game is afoot!

If youre interested, just contact me via e-mail, which is described in 2 parts (to avoid-auto spam crawlers):
(Please use the forum's PM system -pls.)

Best regards from germany/Bavaria!

Vollkrasser

pls
Site Admin

Re: Want to write a traditional story for a adventure game?

Postby pls » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Vollkrasser
Private E-1

Postby Vollkrasser » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:45 am

Well, I know my english ain't good, but i wrote it will be non-commercial game and...
"The final game will be free and online playable by everybody even without registration on the above platform."

So how can in be any clearer that it's a free game to play and therefore needs to be made free?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:04 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Goal Posts