Writing buddy for daily/weekly goals

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
vptran2
Private E-1

Writing buddy for daily/weekly goals

Postby vptran2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:14 pm

I've been working on an urban fantasy for a few years and am dedicated to making 2015 my year to submit for publication. Think David Gemmell meets Joss Whedon, and if you get that reference chances are you and I would get along just fine :)

I'm looking for a writing buddy for the same reason people get a work out partner: it helps keep you on track and you can make fun of the poseurs standing around the gym looking at themselves in the mirror or fixing their make up. I'm thinking less of a critique partner and more of back and forth between people trying to reach the same goal, pushing each other on and helping keep to our word goals.

Anyone interested? Shoot me a note.

AliceAP
Private E-1

Re: Writing buddy for daily/weekly goals

Postby AliceAP » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:29 am

Hi vptran2

Your post is from january, but are you still seeking a writing buddy?

I am woorking on a novel - a kind of grotesque crime fiction. Like you I have been working on it for a few years - is 80 % done - and like you I think 2015 might be my year! ;)

But I SO need a writing buddy, most so we can encourage each other and hold each other accountable for writing.

As you might have guessed english is not my first language. And I have no idea who David Gemmell or Joss Whedon is! :) But I love writing and I so want my book to be done. And if you become my writing buddy I so want YOUR book to be done! And I will do my best to help you.

Alice

CharlyT
Private E-1

Re: Writing buddy for daily/weekly goals

Postby CharlyT » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Hiya,

Are you still looking for a writing buddy? I'm in a boat not far different from yours - and I know the work of both writer's you've mentioned. Die hard browncoat, but Gemmel's kinda touch and go for me.

PM me if you're still looking!

Charly

Return to Goal Posts