Am I ready?

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Katie R
Private E-1

Am I ready?

Postby Katie R » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a critique group or even a fellow writer to get (and give) some honest feedback. I knew I'd find it here :)

My bf and I can't agree if a couple of my short stories are good enough for...oh, I don't know, a Writing Contest of some sort. He says they jump around a little, then changes his mind when I get caught in a perfectionist trap.

I already know what my friends/neighbors/mother would say. If anyone else can help please let me know. Thanks!

pls
Site Admin

Re: Am I ready?

Postby pls » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:43 am

Post an example in the appropriate critique section. If you cry when you read the critiques, you're not ready. Okay, just kidding, but it's impossible to comment on the hypothetical. Give us a real sample of your writing.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:37 am

ditto the above...

but keep in mind that you should never post an entire piece of work that you intend to submit for publication... just post a small excerpt...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Katie R
Private E-1

Postby Katie R » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:59 pm

That's a good idea. I was a little hesitant to use the Critique Forums, but posting a small sample couldn't hurt....much.

I'll pick a section after changing my mind a dozen times or so and finding a box of tissues.

Thanks again for your help.

Katie R
Private E-1

Postby Katie R » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:47 am

Well I did it. There's part of a short story in the Romance genre. So far, so good. At least six people actually read it and someone said they wanted to read more.

Return to Goal Posts