[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Co-Author aND writing partner needed : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Co-Author aND writing partner needed

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
guardian
Private E-1

Co-Author aND writing partner needed

Postby guardian » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Hello all,
First of al I am not a writer. I have good to great ideas but suck at putting them on paper. I have a novel idea that I need to get out of my head and on paper. Any takers?

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Co-Author aND writing partner needed

Postby mammamaia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 am

what you're looking for is a ghostwriter... and they don't come cheap... or free!

if you have thousands of dollars to spare you can get your novel written, but there will be no guarantee a paying publisher will take it on... or that if you self-publish you'll make back any more than a tiny bit of what you spent, so you risk tossing those thousands down the drain...

anyone who'd do this for you for free will almost certainly not be a good enough writer to do a decent job of it... and if you do go ahead with anyone, don't let them write a single word till you have a good, tight collaboration contract signed and sealed...

sorry that's not what you were hoping to hear, but it's the sad truth...

love and consoling hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

guardian
Private E-1

Postby guardian » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:51 pm

I appreciate your concern but I never said anything about someone writing it for free or being a ghostwriter or not helping out with ideas. Sorry, but your jumping to conclusion s.

I mean what I say, co-author. I can write some things down and they can fix the messes.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:54 am

Ideas are free. Great writers never run out of them. Why do you think someone would be willing to write for you? I say this because you say you'll write some stuff and someone else will fix. How much of the novel will you be writing? How much will the real writer be writing and editing? In every partnership, the roles have to be well defined.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:07 pm

ditto what terry said!

and what you're looking for IS more a ghostwriter, or at least a 'rewrite' expert, than a 'co-author,' if all you can turn out from your ideas are 'messes'...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

guardian
Private E-1

Postby guardian » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:59 pm

I give up. You all are stuck on me wanting a ghostwriter that is has become tiresome.

If a poor writer could not put together sentences the way they should be, what would you advise him? That he needs a editor? I have an , just an idea, how does partners start out? With no idea??? No thought of what they should write about. I as for help and in return, I get ridiculed.

Never mind I even asked.

elle33
Private First Class

Postby elle33 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Return to Goal Posts