[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Seeking a fellow screenplay writer for films for a lifetime : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Seeking a fellow screenplay writer for films for a lifetime

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Seeking a fellow screenplay writer for films for a lifetime

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a partner who writers film scripts very well (basics). And is familiar with using software like Final Draft.
I want to start my own production company starring films of many genres by myself and my writing partner/team! If this
is you and you're interested please contact me via email so we can schedule a an interview on Skype to start building
a lifetime of success!

E-mail: (Please use WD's pm system. Thanks -pls.)

Have a great labor day!

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: Seeking a fellow screenplay writer for films for a lifet

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:33 pm

You're working on a book, a TV talk show, and now you want to start a production company? Isn't that spreading yourself a little thin? If I were a playwright, I'd be concerned that my screenplay/film wouldn't be getting the needed attention. Aside from that, how about some details about your experience/qualifications for running a film production company, what kind of payment you're offering writers, etc?
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:32 pm

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 pm

It's fine if you want to have a bunch of irons in the fire, but...

You're asking people to basically donate their time and effort and talent for free. And just because you have written some screenplays doesn't mean you know how to run a production company. Just as one looks at the qualifications of people starting up a publishing company, one needs to look at the qualifications of the people starting a production company. Enthusiasm aside, you should be able to show people what you're bringing to the table. This is a business decision, after all.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

The_Mad_Ink3r
Private E-2

Postby The_Mad_Ink3r » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:31 pm

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:00 pm

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 am

your near total lack of courtesy in posting should scare away anyone considering taking up your offer to take their work without paying for it...

i do happen to be someone who fits your quality criteria and i've used only fd since it was 'born'... but i don't care to work with or for somone who can't display at least the basics of polite behavior toward others... crassness and bratty insults in response to justified questions won't serve you well in business, either... you need to grow up and behave as i hope your mother taught you to, with proper respect for others...

since you're still in school, i strongly recommend adding a course in business ethics to your curriculum... and a basic grammar course, as well! :roll:
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Peteski11
Private E-1

Postby Peteski11 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:19 am

Hey bud, Pete here.
I'm looking for the exact same thing as you. I have an empty resume' when it comes to script/screen writing, but I have ideas. Big fat juicy mind expanding uplifting purposful ideas. I need someone to bounce those ideas off, as my friends and family lack my enthusiasm. Please contact me if you're keen.
Also, the amount of incoming negativity from people with nothing better to do with their time than try to shoot down a pro-active mind, never ceases to mow my blind.
Hey shadowwalker, the world is a better (and more attractive) place when you confine yourself to the shadows. Reply all you want, these 2 sentences is all you ever get from me.

Contact me Ink3r...

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:53 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Goal Posts