Looking for a writing buddy

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
dragonangel517
Private E-1

Looking for a writing buddy

Postby dragonangel517 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 am

I am writing a portal fantasy with both magic and tech. Heavy emphasis on romance elements. Dragons and swords and such mixed with advanced technology. Elevator pitch? Highlander crossed with Big Brother and Survivor. Dragons have lost power, and are trying to get it back. Shape shifters galore. Some explicit sex and graphic violence. Same sex relationships and triad marriages. Complex plot lines.

I need someone who can wade through the mess of convoluted plot lines with me and help me get this thing out of my head and on to the page. Help me get the tone right,I tend to wander into chick lit territory if not reined in. Point out inconsistencies. Make suggestions.My ultimate goal is to put out as web serial, but for now I am sticking with the traditional book form.

I have two completed chapters I am far from happy with. I have an idea about another way to go, but need someone to walk with me through the entire story arc from start to finish and tell me what I need to drop and what I need to expand. This will take many, many long email exchanges and q&a's.

I am writing this story as something I would want to read, and not as something to appeal to the general public. I have no illusions about publishing. If I ever do get it finished, I will more than likely self pub in eBook form or as I said earlier, put it in serial form on my own webpage, which I do not currently have.

I am a 51 year old woman, who loves all types of fantasy except YA. I do not read it and most certainly do not write it. The ideal person I am looking for would also be female, and at least 30. I don't really think my WIP will appeal to young males.A Black Dagger Brotherhood fan would also be great. And if talking via email less than four times a week is not an option, you're not my person.

If you are interested and want to talk more, let me know. Learning from past experience, I won't jump into this with someone until I get to know them better.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Looking for a writing buddy

Postby mammamaia » Mon May 26, 2014 11:56 am

sounds like you're asking for a writing partner/co-author, more than just a 'buddy'... be sure you have a collaboration agreement signed and sealed before writing a single word with anyone...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

dragonangel517
Private E-1

Postby dragonangel517 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:14 pm

No, I don't want someone to write it for me, simply help me get everything straight in my head, and motivate me to write.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

i don't do buddies, but i do mentor aspiring writers... email me if that would help...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Santosha
Private E-1

Postby Santosha » Tue May 27, 2014 6:39 pm

dragonangel, I sent you a PM...

Return to Goal Posts