Writing Buddy Wanted

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
alenakahn
Private E-1

Writing Buddy Wanted

Postby alenakahn » Tue May 20, 2014 8:36 pm

I have this notion that somewhere out there is the perfect writing buddy for me. We will grow old over chewed up chapters and keep each other on track from today until dotage. My idea of a buddy is someone who is trustworthy and reliable, fair, creative, introspective and talented. I only ask for what I can give in return. This isn't about partnering up - this is about a shoulder to cry on when you've just killed off your favorite character or a sounding board for the best way to do the buzzard in. It's a little bit accountability and a lot of just knowing that someone else is out there working to create a world - just the same as you. It's the occasional beta read (on both sides) and sometimes just a good kick in the butt. It's about passion and dedication and, well, really it's a bit like when we are children and have a crossing buddy at school - it's about holding each other's figurative hand a bit. Let me know if you are interested.

A bit about me - I am into Speculative Fiction predominately. I am not yet published though I've won a handful of contests. I am working on a MFA in creative writing and I work full time so you wouldn't have to worry about twelve chapters hitting your inbox at once (most likely). Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. Writing means the world to me - I take it seriously. I'm looking for someone of equal ability and for someone who is at the same place in their writing - if you won't use spell check and your verb tenses are horrible (or you don't know what those are) then please don't answer. I wish you all the best but I'm looking for someone with more ink under the belt.

prkr21811
Private E-1

Re: Writing Buddy Wanted

Postby prkr21811 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi,

I'm also looking for someone to share in the writing process with. I can't speak to my talent, but I'm dedicated, love the craft, and believe I'm safe in my verb tenses. If you're still looking for a buddy and willing to give me a shot, shoot me an email at prkr21811@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you!

Return to Goal Posts