Autobiography

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
futilethewinds
Private E-1

Autobiography

Postby futilethewinds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:27 am

I've always known I would try to write an autobiography, because writing has always been very therapeutic for me. The problem is, my life started out very dark and tragic, and was also pretty awful in adolescence, and didn't start to get better until I was maybe 16 or so, and now I'm 23 and well... I have hope, but it's not like I've found a promising relationship, or anything like that. I'm afraid my autobiography would just be terribly depressing.

Best case scenario, I write my autobiography with humor and it turns out something like Running with Scissors.

But I'll need help on this. I have ADHD and my mind is jumbled, and I don't think linear storytelling is going to work with this book, and I don't read a lot of autobiographies, so I don't know how else to do it.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Autobiography

Postby mammamaia » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:07 pm

the first thing you need to do is read/study the bestselling autobiographies... to try to write one when you have little knowledge of the ways in which one can be written, makes no sense, does it?...

if having a mentor would help, i'm just a mouse click away...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

futilethewinds
Private E-1

Re: Autobiography

Postby futilethewinds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks. :) I'll definitely email you sometime.

Return to Goal Posts