[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Seeing Your Progress : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Seeing Your Progress

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
cynfranks
Sergeant

Seeing Your Progress

Postby cynfranks » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:05 pm

This may sound completely idiotic to some of you and I can't believe it works myself, but it does.

I noticed during NaNoWriMo that I looked forward to writing even on the days I had no idea how I was going to move the story forward. I felt like I was really working even if I wasn't getting paid. For some one who grew up in the shadow of the auto industry it's hard to feel like writing is a "real" job.

Then it dawned it me. It was having a clear goal and being able to see my progress visually on the progress bar. After searching the internet for a word count system and finding nothing, I made my own. It was easy! I used Numbers for the first time. By using the chart feature I was able to create a progress bar and daily count chart.

I'm back to my 2k a day! Not sure how to measure editing? Maybe in hours worked?
Ask yourself, "What would Dickens do?"

Return to Goal Posts