Looking for a like-minded writing buddy

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
jorjabbey
Private E-1

Looking for a like-minded writing buddy

Postby jorjabbey » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:29 am

Well, when I say like minded I'm really just referring to anyone who also wants a writing buddy for similar reasons as myself.

Hey everyone :)

I've always love books and naturally that love turned into a passion for writing, too. I've been writing since the age of 8 (those stories are ripper quality, FYI) and I am now 19.
Currently working on my first YA novel that contains light fantasy, I am wondering if anyone out there is interested in being my writing buddy.

I don't have anyone around me who likes to write as I do and so I need to branch out into the world-wide-web (one of the reasons I joined WD).
I guess I am simply after someone who I can exchange emails and communicate with to talk about our writing and/or troubles that we come across. I am open to giving critique and would expect to be able to send short snippets to be read in return. In addition, my beginners status means that I often have questions to ask, whether it be about the POV or tense for a piece, or a more in-depth question about characters or the believability of the plot, for example.

So I guess now it's up to you! If you are also looking for a friend to be able to chat with about your writing, or even the books you are currently reading, then I am your girl. Preferably, I would be more inclined to interact with someone who writes in a similar genre or at least is interested in the genres I write in. But at this stage I'm pretty open.

if you would like to give it a go, comment on here and I can then personally contact you.
Thanks a bunch! :D

Skyes
Private E-1

Re: Looking for a like-minded writing buddy

Postby Skyes » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello friend :)
I also am a Fantasy writer, thought mine is not light.

I am pretty new to the market too, and I don't know anything about how you should do with Editors, or such. But I can help you to make the story more realistic and belivable, giving my opinions and thoughts, since the fantasy world is basically my second realm.

Feel free to message me, I also need a Writting buddy,
Best regards :)

Return to Goal Posts