Critique and accountability partner (YA)

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Jean Marie
Private E-1

Critique and accountability partner (YA)

Postby Jean Marie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Is anybody looking for a critique and accountability playmate? ;) I'm a newbie to writing and can use any criticism I can get.

In the future, I hope to branch out to various genres, though I am currently writing book 2 of a YA fantasy series detailing the troubled life of a 17 year old girl, and I would love preferably someone who enjoys YA to give outside feedback. The series has dark aspects, riddled with real life difficulties and situations.

We could email each other daily or weekly with our writing goals and accomplishments, and also trade chapters for critique. I am an avid reader with an open mind and a love for most genres. Of course, if you'd like, we could start on a trial basis with a sample chapter. If you are interested or would like more information, please pm me or reply here. Thanks a bunch.

Jean Marie
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
-Abraham Lincoln

J.M.Baldwin
Private E-1

Re: Critique and accountability partner (YA)

Postby J.M.Baldwin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:30 am

Hey there :) I'm currently writing a young adult series, too, and it's sort of a realistic drama with fantasy over tones.

I love writing and reading, but alas I have no one else in my real world life that loves it like I do. Every time I get excited about a scene in my novel I swear I can see their eyes glaze over, which kind of depresses me.

I'd love to swap chapters, critique, give deadlines, and just talk about writing in general. We could give advice to each other on our current projects.
I'm free to talk to most days, especially with it being the Christmas holidays right now, but weekly is fine if you're busy.
I'm nineteen and currently studying creative writing at University, too, so that's a bonus :)

If you're interested feel free to email me at j.m.baldwin@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

ChristopherMerlino
Private E-1

Postby ChristopherMerlino » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:19 am

Jean Marie,

I just joined the forum, so maybe you already got together with someone, but I am writing a YA series myself. It is a real-life style drama. If you are still looking for someone to share/critique work with, let me know.

Plus, I am also a New Jersian. I live in South Jersey, just outside of Atlantic City.

J.M...That goes for you too. Let me know if you'd like to share some work back and forth. I totally understand how it feels when you think you've written something well and you have no one to get excited with you over it. To me, that's what forums like this one are for. You need people who can appreciate how hard it is to write even a single scene well.

Chris
Chris

If at first you don't succeed...

...deny you ever tried.

Jean Marie
Private E-1

Postby Jean Marie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:48 pm

So sorry to get back to you both so late. Because of the holidays I haven't been on. I'd love to swap chapters with the both of you. I have one partner, but I think multiple opinions can do wonders. I also know what you mean about getting excited about a scene and no one cares. I am JM also! :)
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
-Abraham Lincoln

Return to Goal Posts