[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Looking for a writing buddy (Fantasy Genre) : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Looking for a writing buddy (Fantasy Genre)

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
digitalgriffin
Private E-1

Looking for a writing buddy (Fantasy Genre)

Postby digitalgriffin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:43 am

Hi everyone,

Says it in the subject line really - I am looking for a writing buddy, hopefully someone who is interested in or writing in the fantasy/sci-fi genre. Initially looking for an accountability buddy - someone who can encourage me to meet my writing goals and vice-versa, however in the future I see the partnership developing to helping each other with ideas, acting as first readers of each others work, etc...

About me:
My name is Dan :geek:, I live in the UK and currently work as a marketer in the education industry. I am currently writing my first novel (have written short stories and blogs before but my dream is to write a series of novels) - current working synopsis below:

When a young engineer named Clockwork is inducted into high society, he is pulled into a revolutionary plot that could tear apart the seemingly idyllic paradise his God created. Clockwork must balance his attentions between his old life, his new friends and the now unwelcome notice of his God, Jörmungand. For one slip will mean discovery, and the difference between a hero and a villain is who is left to tell the tale.

Please reply in comments below, or send me a PM.

Skyes
Private E-1

Re: Looking for a writing buddy (Fantasy Genre)

Postby Skyes » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello friend, let's make this happen.

I don't have much experience, but we could be Writting Buddies since it would help us both. I love fantasy genres as well.

Best regards :)

TBraswell
Private E-1

Postby TBraswell » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm a newb here and I could definitely use a buddy as well. I cannot offer much in the way of critique outside of atmosphere and how engaging something is, but I am a HUGE fan of science-fiction and fantasy.
"...awful waste of space..."

Skyes
Private E-1

Postby Skyes » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello TBraswell, PM me your e-mail please.

vptran2
Private E-1

Postby vptran2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:51 pm

Still looking for a writing budy? About a quarter of the way through my novel and wanted someone to trade word counts and encouragement...

Return to Goal Posts