Looking for a Critic Friend

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
thunderseed
Private E-1

Looking for a Critic Friend

Postby thunderseed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 am

Looking for a friend who would enjoy reading and critiquing my book and to just be a friend.

Well it is my first novel ever completed, and is part of a series. The genre is fantasy. It is a pre - apocalyptic setting, and the world is based on history and the dark ages but it's magical. My main characters are sailors on a tall ship, and there is lots of adventure and violence. The style also has some dark humour, and I'm pretty sure it should be for adults only.

I've done lots of edits already (but I still have a long ways to go), and I haven't shown it to anyone yet and I'm kind of nervous to.
I'm looking for general feedback on the plot - like does it all make sense to the reader?
Any big changes you want me to make.
Proof reading and grammar and general critique / suggestions.
Also, you might want to have a general knowledge of elizabethan language, for some of the dialogues. And how I created the language they use.

The only specific thing I need help with is determining whether or not more mythology should be added and where. (I like my first novel to leave the reader guessing somewhat, but I don't want it to be confusing) I have a lot of mythology background already created because it was originally going to be a Prologue, but I hate prologues so I drastically changed my intro into short action scenes introducing the gods, and decided to add tiny tid bits of interesting mythology throughout the novel, but I'd like an opinion on if it flows okay throughout and if I should add anymore. I'm also going to do an encyclopedia of mythology and magic at the back of the novel, so I might be able to get away with less myth during my first book.

- And chapters. How long they should be. I thought they were too long so I ended up erasing chapter headers half way through the novel.

Also, it's 141, 295 words so you have an idea on the length.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Looking for a Critic Friend

Postby mammamaia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 pm

i mentor new writers and will be glad to take a look at your work, give you feedback on the writing quality...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Return to Goal Posts