Looking for a critiquing buddy

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Azure-Princess
Private E-1

Looking for a critiquing buddy

Postby Azure-Princess » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi I'm looking for a critiquing buddy who won't mind exchanging emails and chapters at least once a week. A fresh pair of eyes doesn't hurt, right? In return I'd be happy to take a look at other writer's work and give feedback.

I'm working on a YA manuscript right now that's a fantasy/horror story, but I do occasionally like writing outside these genres. I don't have a preference when it comes to reading different genre so feel free exchange with me if you'd like.

If anyone's interested please let me know.

thunderseed
Private E-1

Re: Looking for a critiquing buddy

Postby thunderseed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 am

Hey, my name is Sabrina

I am interested in exchanging chapters with you or at least giving it a try, I enjoy those genres, and I could commit to at least once a week, maybe even more depending on my schedule. We could definitely keep each other motivated that way.

It would be good to know what kind of feedback you are looking for, and if you could give me a list of things you want me to look out for. I am excellent at proof reading - grammar/spelling mistakes, and I have a good eye for bigger things that may have to be changed.

Also, it might be a good idea to exchange a brief plot summary beforehand, because that way I can monitor the flow and structure of your story easier. I just know that many writers can have the tendency to get off track, and doing it chapter by chapter is harder to spot when something might be off track. Or if you are like me and do not write following a plot, make a list of all the important building blocks that portray your most significant points of the story, so we can make sure those have been fulfilled.

I just posted some details on this forum about what type of feedback im looking for, so check it out and see if you are interested in exchanging chapters. My email is thunderseed@gmail.com

Azure-Princess
Private E-1

Re: Looking for a critiquing buddy

Postby Azure-Princess » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Okay thanks, I'll definitely take you up on that offer!

The story is a fantasy/horror set in a village in the middle of a forest. The villagers are required to take a certain ritual at different stages in their lives leading up to adulthood, but the protagonists realizes that these rituals are life threatening, and that they have something to do with the monster that recently appeared. From them on the protagonist and her friends try to figure out the origins of the rituals while trying to avoid taking it.

I'm mostly looking for someone to help check for spelling and punctuation problems. I would also like the an opinion of the story itself.

Return to Goal Posts