[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I Want to Edit a Novel : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I Want to Edit a Novel

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Edward G

I Want to Edit a Novel

Postby Edward G » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I truly enjoy editing, and one day I would like to make my living doing it. Right now, however, I'm looking to gain experience. I've edited many short pieces for authors, but I'd really like to edit a novel. I'm willing to edit a novel for someone who has finished one, and I'll do it for free just to gain the credit and experience.

I'd be willing to provide a general copyedit and proofread, and it could be any genre, since I review all kinds of genres at The Novel Report.

I use the "track changes" feature in Word.

Is anyone interested?

PS: I'm also interested in editing another short story and a non-fiction piece, like a query letter, resume, that sort of thing.

Take care,

Ed
Last edited by Edward G on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

louiseh87
Lieutenant

Re: I Want to Edit a Novel

Postby louiseh87 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Louise :)

---------------------------
- where I extend talking to myself to the internet sphere

"Over the Waves", Strange Horizons (13 August 2012)

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

lol louise. ;-)

Yeah lots of us critique/help with some edits for each other here. I think many writers feel that they should be their own best editors when it comes to grammar/spelling/etc., but of course once you get an agent or publisher another editor can help out there for the final polish.

There are also query letters and synopses posted in different threads here too for critique, as well as short stories in many genres.
Previously published writer starting over.

Edward G

Postby Edward G » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:06 pm

robroyleo
Private E-1

Postby robroyleo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Ed,

I am a new member of this site, and immediately noticed your generous offer to edit a novel in order to gain experience.

Are you still looking for one? I write humorous fiction and have completed a novel of 99 000 words. It is ready for final editing.

Please let me know if you have an interest.

Sincerely,

Rob Q
Last edited by robroyleo on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starchaser3000
Private E-2

Postby Starchaser3000 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm

I have a second volume parody/satire of fiction/fantasy that is approximately 100,000 words. So what is your going price for that and what does it include in regards to your editing services?

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am

be sure to check out the quality of their own writings, before considering hiring an editor, sc...

if they have goofs, glitches, and major errors in their blogs and such, they're not going to be able to justify even the lowest of fees and won't be able to provide you with a ms that will impress agents or publishers, or make book-buyers feel a self-published book is worth paying for...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Return to Goal Posts