My Nonfiction Book Goal

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
JenBarber
Private E-1

RE: My Nonfiction Book Goal

Postby JenBarber » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:34 pm

OK, progress on a couple of fronts. I completed an article I'm submitting to Parenting mag. And I obtained 2 more personal essays for my bipolar book. Also have made some progress on the survey, but I'd hoped to have it completed by now.

Good day! :)

<>Jennifer

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:40 pm

Wow, that sounds like an interesting book. I'll echo Josh's question: what made you want to write that?
Good job in meeting your goals! Have you written today? :)
Godspeed,
Lynne

JenBarber
Private E-1

Postby JenBarber » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:42 am

Thanks!

I haven't written today, but I've been soliciting for personal accounts and reviewing the ones I've collected. Some people wrote essays, so I'm breaking them up topically.

Bipolar is the family curse. It's just riddled all throughout the family tree, including myslef and my oldest child. And in supporting others who are new to this, I saw a need for a reference guide that is more comprehensive and contains advice from various people who've been managing the illness for many years. And since I immediately received overwhelming positive feedback from so many people, I've continued with the idea.

Normally I write fiction, so this is a departure, and it isn't as much "fun". But now I feel called to do this, and with a built-in market, I think it can be successful with the right agent and publisher.

Thanks guys for the support !! :)

<>Jennifer

JenBarber
Private E-1

Postby JenBarber » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:47 am

Yesterday I outlined another nonfiction parenting article, and worked on survey questions. I'm now 90% done with my survey questions. Was an OK day. :)

<>Jennifer

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 am

Hey Jennifer

I'm bugging everyone - how are your goals progressing?  Still writing 1000 words a day?  Haven't seen any updates and it always motivates me when I see others making and reaching their goals...let us know...

Karen :)

JenBarber
Private E-1

Postby JenBarber » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:57 am

I've been making some progress, but it's been erratic. I really need a kick in the rear. Thanks for the push!

<>Jennifer

Previous

Return to Goal Posts