[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Cindy : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Cindy

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
Gooblink
Major General

Cindy

Postby Gooblink » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:49 am

Gooblink
Major General

Cindy

Postby Gooblink » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:49 am

Starting small. 200 words per day - minimum 5 days/week.

Update blog at least 3 times/week.

Send 2 stories/queries in April.

Also (see, I'm editing this, now) I'm attending a Writer's Group in April to see what it's all about.

That ought to keep me busy for now!

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: Cindy

Postby jasipper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 am

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:22 am

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:01 pm

Writing it down is the first step. Good job. Keep us updated.

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:30 am

If you keep at the 200 words a day, you'll definitely end up completing the task!

I'm anxious to see how you like the writer's group.  Keep us posted.

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:59 am

Well, it's been about a week and...where has the time gone?

As for my 200 words a day, I've come pretty close, though it hasn't been 200 words each day. I wrote a couple of times this week while at the park with my boys for a total af close to 1000 words. I did start a new story, though, which I'm excited about!

My blog - UGGGGH. I've got 2 essay ideas that I just haven't sat down to write.

1) 2nd Grade Sex Education - Courtesy of the Old Testament
2) What Happened to the Corner Grocery Store?

Also, we're going to Sea World on Saturday to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. I plan to blog about that trip.

Still haven't sent any stories out.

Attend writer's group on Monday night. I'll let you know how it goes.

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:28 am

I've done some more writing, but had to do it long-hand as I was at the park, so I don't have a word count until I type it.

Went to Sea World - I now have 3 blog ideas and will write them ALL this week!

What is this thing about goals and performance anxiety? Nothing like setting a couple of simple goals to send my life sliding down the tube.

I will persevere. I will persevere....

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:07 am

I've decided to run a series of Lessons from Genesis on my blog. I know, it might be wasted material as far as future publishability, but it's been beneficial to me on a couple of fronts: 1) I'm finally writing something that I've been brewing in my head since last fall; 2) I'm actually having to think and meditate on God's Word (which is important to me); 3) it can't be rejected!

Since mid-February, my website traffic has quadrupled and I'm not sure why. I'd always shied away from writing theological stuff because I didn't want to come on too strong. For some reason, God has laid it on my heart this week to go ahead and write.

My husband also told me that his business partners are working up a new website for me - which will accomodate forums and ALL KINDS OF REALLY NEAT THINGS! I can have sections for those who want to read humor, about homeschooling, about religion, etc. They are also coming up with a logo for Gooblink.

I'm excited!

So, I've been writing over 1000 words each day for the past several days. I feel renewed.

Thanks for all your support!

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:30 am

Hey Cindy,

Looks like things are going very well for you. Keep us all posted - I know you pop in here every now and then - Keep going on those 1000 words a day!!

Karen :)

Return to Goal Posts