[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
A Valuable Invitation: For Those Seeking Writing Companions! : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A Valuable Invitation: For Those Seeking Writing Companions!

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
kdaniels
Private E-1

A Valuable Invitation: For Those Seeking Writing Companions!

Postby kdaniels » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 pm

I have come up with a plan:
<<<
But just a little background first:

Like - I assume - the majority of the folks in the Writer's Digest community, I'm pursuing a career in writing. I'm aspiring to write fiction (We can talk about what genre I'll fall under later), but also to freelance. I'm interested in writing articles, columns, and blogging about social trends and issues, politics, cultural opinions and other sociological concerns.

I've been aspiring toward all of this for ten years now; I've had quite an adventure trying to make it happen - many set-backs.

So towards these ends I'm going to open a blog, specifically themed as a journal about my pursuits as a writer. I believe that this can be a platform from which to develop my prose and voice, spark inspiration and ideas, as well as bring along fellow comrades who are also reaching toward their dreams of being professional writers, or published authors. My subscribers can frequent my blog to give and receive advice, inspiration, ideas - and network with me and maybe other subscribers as well. Perhaps we can establish a writing community of our own!

I have a Wordpress framework already in place, but I want to get my first several posts primed before I actually add the content. But I want to give you all an advanced invitation to check it out before it is launched. I expect by the middle of April I will be ready to publish my first post.

In the meantime, please comment or shoot me a private message with your own blog or website links, so that I can see your writing! I would like to give you my attention before I ever earn yours.

-ken

robjvargas
Captain

Re: A Valuable Invitation: For Those Seeking Writing Compani

Postby robjvargas » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:22 am

A blog is indeed a great way to hone your craft. One I, sadly, have been neglecting.

As for the feedback and companionship, though... why not here?
My Site:
Social Links:

kdaniels
Private E-1

Postby kdaniels » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:48 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm engaging in the community here. I want to, however, reach out so that a following is built for the blog. That's why I'm making an invitation on the forum here. But, I'm open to other suggestions as to how I can build a readership on the blog...

williamadams
Lieutenant

Postby williamadams » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Return to Goal Posts