[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Price printed on cover? : Covers & Formatting • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Price printed on cover?

gesler0811
Sergeant Major

Price printed on cover?

Postby gesler0811 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Would it be a good idea to print the asking price for my book on the cover itself?

I'm going through CreateSpace, but have a couple of leads on stores where I can get my physical book on the shelf, and it seems if that's going to be the case then the price should be printed on the cover. The only thing kind of holding me back at the moment is I'm not sure how the stores do the pricing - if they will sell the book for the same price I list it for online.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Price printed on cover?

Postby pls » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:22 am

I don't know of any other author who has imprinted the price of a book on its cover. Maybe you'd be a pioneer?
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Doesn't the barcode include the recommended retail price?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

gesler0811
Sergeant Major

Postby gesler0811 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Return to Covers & Formatting