Our happy Home

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rob-lost
Corporal

Re: Our happy Home

Postby rob-lost » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:18 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
WTF

I don't know what you think you know but I do know that you do not know that it is not so.[/quote]
I lost count. Isn't that like a quintuple negative? Sextuple?
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:34 am

Okay ladies and gentleman, let's stop the bickering and the he said, she said. How about we try and do a reset. This should be a place where people come to learn. There should be no politics or religious discussions. Everyone needs to thicken their skin and stop taking potshots at each other. Comments should be constructive not counter productive or abusive. Remember if you have an opinion, it's your opinion. That does not mean it's right or wrong. There are many sides and methods to everything in life. You must and WILL respect everyone's opinion on this site whether you disagree with it or not. If you can't politely say why you disagree, then don't say anything. And if someone disagrees with your post and tells you why, do not lash out at them. This is going to be an awfully quiet place if I start banning everyone. :(

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:27 am

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]Okay ladies and gentleman, let's stop the bickering and the he said, she said. How about we try and do a reset. This should be a place where people come to learn. There should be no politics or religious discussions. Everyone needs to thicken their skin and stop taking potshots at each other. Comments should be constructive not counter productive or abusive. Remember if you have an opinion, it's your opinion. That does not mean it's right or wrong. There are many sides and methods to everything in life. You must and WILL respect everyone's opinion on this site whether you disagree with it or not. If you can't politely say why you disagree, then don't say anything. And if someone disagrees with your post and tells you why, do not lash out at them. This is going to be an awfully quiet place if I start banning everyone. :([/quote]

Roger that.

It would be nice if nobody made personal comments when they can't reply with something factual or even an opinion that is credible but instead attacked the person they are replying to about their comments.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
Roger that.

It would be nice if nobody made personal comments when they can't reply with something factual or even an opinion that is credible but instead attacked the person they are replying to about their comments.[/quote]
You really think no one can see the thinly veiled bickering?

I don't do critiques here because the malfunctioning state of the forum is practically inimical to to a readable critique. WD has written standards for what constitutes a critique. Don't blame the messenger for pointing them out. You may have your own standards, but they don't define what's right and wrong. Only you and your standards. Just like different publishers can have different standards for submissions. None are wrong. Simply what that group wants.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm

[quote="rob-lost"][quote="plughmann"]
Roger that.

It would be nice if nobody made personal comments when they can't reply with something factual or even an opinion that is credible but instead attacked the person they are replying to about their comments.[/quote]
You really think no one can see the thinly veiled bickering?

I don't do critiques here because the malfunctioning state of the forum is practically inimical to to a readable critique. WD has written standards for what constitutes a critique. Don't blame the messenger for pointing them out. You may have your own standards, but they don't define what's right and wrong. Only you and your standards. Just like different publishers can have different standards for submissions. None are wrong. Simply what that group wants.[/quote]

Whatever WD has for a critique any comments can be made and are useful whether they are a formal WD critique that ostarella approves of.
And you robjvargas and ostarella are not a majority that gets to dictate what some forum group wants. You are just three people who act like bullies and nothing more.

T. A. Rodgers said I did nothing wrong. ostarella thinks she knows more than he does about being an admin. She should pm him if she has problems not post personal comments about anybody on the forum.

The forum formatting is a problem. Hopefully in several months they will actually do something like Brian indicated was planned.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 pm

I posted a link to the forum guidelines. If you choose to ignore them, it's not my fault - it's yours. And I have contacted Terry.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 pm

[quote="ostarella"]I posted a link to the forum guidelines. If you choose to ignore them, it's not my fault - it's yours. And I have contacted Terry.[/quote]

Anybody is free to make any comments on posted samples whether or not they do everything the guidelines suggest.
Terry will straighten you out if you really did pm him .

There is no fault here except you being a bully and telling people what they have to do.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 pm

[quote="plughmann"]There is no fault here except you being a bully and telling people what they have to do.[/quote]

:roll:

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:27 am

I'm trying to let bygones be bygones for the sake of the forum, but you guys won't let it go. Unfortunately, I can not lock threads because once again there's something wrong with the website. Does anyone not want to talk about writing anymore without being critical to one's opinions?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 am

Sorry - but there's no letting bygones be bygones when the same bad penny keeps showing up, creating the same problems with misinformation and insults when crossed. There's a reason Paul kept banning him.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party