Paul & The WD Forum

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Brian A. Klems
Private E-1

Paul & The WD Forum

Postby Brian A. Klems » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 am

Hi everyone,

I've just seen the news -- on the forum and through emails -- that our longtime friend, moderator, writer and superhero forum leader Paul Swearingen has passed away. I'm heartbroken as I'm sure you all are, as Paul had become a friend over the years and worked tirelessly to give everyone a good experience despite our limited resources on this forum. He was around since the early days -- even my early days -- and cultivated a tone of thoughtfulness here on this message board. I'm going to miss him -- a lot.

Terry Rodgers is going to take the lead as the forum moderator for now. I appreciate him stepping up to help with this during this difficult time.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know two things: 1) that we are working on a forum update (officially!) to be launched later this year. It's something I've been working toward for so long and I'm so happy to see it finally happening. More to come on that in the coming months. 2) Starting next week, Jess Farris, a new member of the WD team, will be taking over the forum and many other online responsibilities. She's out of the office this week, but when she returns, I hope you guys give her a big warm welcome.

I'm stepping aside to focus on some other projects. But it's been a pleasure being part of this forum, seeing it from its inception to the wonderful community of writers that live on it today. Thanks for all your contributions and support over the years. Look out for Jess to chime in next week when she returns.

Take care of yourself and your writing (and each other),
Brian

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Paul & The WD Forum

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am

Thank you, Brian, for letting us know WDs plans for this Forum. We will all welcome the new software when it arrives. It's good to know that Terry will be Chief Mod from now on. He and Paul worked miracles during the spam onslaught.

Good luck to you as you tackle your new projects. and. speaking for all of us, although I really should leave that to Terry, we'ill certainly give a warm welcome to Jess Farris.

I hope your book is still selling well, and that we can read more of your whacky humor in the future.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:22 am

[quote="Brian A. Klems"]Hi everyone,

I've just seen the news -- on the forum and through emails -- that our longtime friend, moderator, writer and superhero forum leader Paul Swearingen has passed away. I'm heartbroken as I'm sure you all are, as Paul had become a friend over the years and worked tirelessly to give everyone a good experience despite our limited resources on this forum. He was around since the early days -- even my early days -- and cultivated a tone of thoughtfulness here on this message board. I'm going to miss him -- a lot.

Terry Rodgers is going to take the lead as the forum moderator for now. I appreciate him stepping up to help with this during this difficult time.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know two things: 1) that we are working on a forum update (officially!) to be launched later this year. It's something I've been working toward for so long and I'm so happy to see it finally happening. More to come on that in the coming months. 2) Starting next week, Jess Farris, a new member of the WD team, will be taking over the forum and many other online responsibilities. She's out of the office this week, but when she returns, I hope you guys give her a big warm welcome.

I'm stepping aside to focus on some other projects. But it's been a pleasure being part of this forum, seeing it from its inception to the wonderful community of writers that live on it today. Thanks for all your contributions and support over the years. Look out for Jess to chime in next week when she returns.

Take care of yourself and your writing (and each other),
Brian[/quote]

Brian,
Thanks for the updates. I hope your other projects are with WD and you continue with your blog as well as newer projects.

Carl Slate
Private E-1

Postby Carl Slate » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

I skimmed over a number of posts while I was awaiting my new membership to be confirmed, and his contributions to the forum stood out well. He was clearly dedicated to keeping a welcoming and informative community for writers (and those aspiring to be). I'm glad to see you have new forum leadership being sorted out, it wouldn't be right to let all the work he put into it go to waste. I look forward to doing whatever I can to be helpful to the new forum lead(s)!

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi, Carl. Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you have such a good attitude. I'm looking forward to your posts. Any time you have a question, just ask. Lots of great people here to help you or to chat with you.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 pm

That is great to hear.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Return to Writers' Block Party