A Sad Day

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: A Sad Day

Postby ostarella » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm

[quote="plughmann"]
Well all the new folks waiting to be approved and eager to join in will have a different view on having to wait a bit and just remember pls.[/quote]

Yeah, kinda like the folks who ask about the will as the funeral service starts. If they can't understand the delay and the respect most of us had for Paul, maybe this isn't the place for them.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:23 pm

So sad to see him go.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 pm

[quote="ostarella"][quote="plughmann"]
Well all the new folks waiting to be approved and eager to join in will have a different view on having to wait a bit and just remember pls.[/quote]

Yeah, kinda like the folks who ask about the will as the funeral service starts. If they can't understand the delay and the respect most of us had for Paul, maybe this isn't the place for them.[/quote]

That analogy does not fit. They are new and don't know about pls or anything yet. And they will feel unwanted if they are ignored.
But , hey!!, we don't need any more people here considering how overcrowded this place is already.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:11 am

[quote="plughmann"]
That analogy does not fit. They are new and don't know about pls or anything yet. And they will feel unwanted if they are ignored.
But , hey!!, we don't need any more people here considering how overcrowded this place is already.[/quote]

If they were perusing the forum before or after asking to join, they would know. Frankly, I find your harping on this at this time to be offensive - which is where my analogy fits in just fine.

Now, maybe you could show a little respect for Paul and those of us who do care and just be quiet for a while.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 am

Paul helped me so many times, with his gentle humor and wide knowledge. A few years back, he called himself an old toad. We enthusiastically told him he was a lovable old toad, and we meant it. Here's a copy of a post from 2009 where he enlightened me about how to pronounce 'Arkansas':

Copied and pasted:

Re: A funny, true, story about the importance of pronunciation by pls » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 am
Dorothy, "Are-Kansas City" is correct. I never figured how to pronounce "Kechi", however. It's a suburb of Wichita.
"Dawn"? Don! "Darn" and "Dorn"? Don't!
"Misery"? Good way to get that gunfight started in MO, Julia! You must be back in NM now to be able to say that in public and escape flying lead ...

What other online conversations with Paul do you remember?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am

Very sad news in our little writing community. Paul was a great person with a big heart. I've know him since 2008. We had many private conversations about life and writing and of course all the crazy members we had to remove over the years. What I remember most about Paul is the year we had the so called prophet that said he has and does predict the future. Not only was the nut pushing his abilities and books, he was trying to push a writer that he said he discovered. He was publishing a 18 book series from her. Turned out it was his wife and they never got past book one. Horrible writing. Paul and I battled this guy for months. This guy threatened lawsuits, and I even had to talk to the site's admins to ensure them the guy was nuts. Paul was relentless to this guy in private messages. We would ban him, and he would create a new account. It was obvious every time he came on. He finally stopped creating new accounts.

Paul, you will be missed. :(

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

[quote="ostarella"][quote="plughmann"]
But , hey!!, we don't need any more people here considering how overcrowded this place is already.[/quote]

If they were perusing the forum before or after asking to join, they would know. Frankly, I find your harping on this at this time to be offensive - which is where my analogy fits in just fine.

Now, maybe you could show a little respect for Paul and those of us who do care and just be quiet for a while.[/quote]

I give pls all the respect he deserves.

I suspect very few new folks have read much here before they ask to join.
And even if they did, it would not be that easy to see pls as you see him with so many years of experience.

I find your comment offensive. I have harped on nothing. Telling anyone to be quiet is impolite at best and very offensive at worst.
This site needs more users and anything that blocks them is bad and has nothing to do with pls or how you adorate him.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 am

@plughmann:
Come on, man. This is a thread where people are mourning the loss of someone they respected, and you're interjecting comments about flaws in this forum.

You don't see anything that's even insensitive about that kind of behavior?
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:27 am

[quote="rob-lost"]@plughmann:
Come on, man. This is a thread where people are mourning the loss of someone they respected, and you're interjecting comments about flaws in this forum.

You don't see anything that's even insensitive about that kind of behavior?[/quote]

I have done nothing insensitive.
And I won't be silenced by antifa type libtard attacks.

Your response to my post reflects on you not myself and what I feel about pls.

Telling the forum to grind to a halt until you and ursula say its okay to continue is nonsense.
Brian just noted we have a new admin and will be moving forward.
Double Dog Dare you to dis him for not waiting for your approval.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:43 am

[quote]
And I won't be silenced by antifa type libtard attacks.[/quote]
Oh, hey there, William. I see you're back.

You just can't stop going back to that language.

Here's a hint: I didn't ask you to do anything. Nor did I tell you to do anything.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party