A Sad Day

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
robjvargas
Captain

A Sad Day

Postby robjvargas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:16 pm

I haven't seen anything official, but am taking the news at face value, knowing there was medical need for him.

I have heard that the primary administrator here, pls, has passed away.

He was the lone WD voice showing the least concern for the user experience here. His loss will be poignant and significant here, I think.

Condolences to his family and friends. I didn't know him that well. But I respect him greatly, even now.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: A Sad Day

Postby Brien Sz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm

oh my... if true, then prayers of peace and strength for his family. As said, truly sad.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]I haven't seen anything official, but am taking the news at face value, knowing there was medical need for him.

I have heard that the primary administrator here, pls, has passed away.

He was the lone WD voice showing the least concern for the user experience here. His loss will be poignant and significant here, I think.

Condolences to his family and friends. I didn't know him that well. But I respect him greatly, even now.[/quote]

Are there other admins to start approving the new requests?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 am

[quote="plughmann"]Are there other admins to start approving the new requests?[/quote]

I'm sure that will be dealt with at the appropriate time.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 am

Paul was hopeful, right to the end. If you would like to read his last words on Facebook, I have copied them in Writer's Lounge. :( :(
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:01 am

[quote="ostarella"][quote="plughmann"]Are there other admins to start approving the new requests?[/quote]

I'm sure that will be dealt with at the appropriate time.[/quote]

Based on the other comments about WD and their neglect of the forum, you are an optimist.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:14 pm

I assumed Terry would take over, given that he has all the necessary mod powers, IF he can sign in.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah, I'm sure it will be dealt with. I just think such matters could wait a bit, considering how most of us felt about Paul.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm

[quote="ostarella"]Yeah, I'm sure it will be dealt with. I just think such matters could wait a bit, considering how most of us felt about Paul.[/quote]

I agree with you. Let's sit back awhile and remember the unstinting service that PLS gave to us.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm

[quote="ostarella"]Yeah, I'm sure it will be dealt with. I just think such matters could wait a bit, considering how most of us felt about Paul.[/quote]

[quote="Oldtimer"][quote="ostarella"]Yeah, I'm sure it will be dealt with. I just think such matters could wait a bit, considering how most of us felt about Paul.[/quote]

I agree with you. Let's sit back awhile and remember the unstinting service that PLS gave to us.[/quote]

Well all the new folks waiting to be approved and eager to join in will have a different view on having to wait a bit and just remember pls.

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party