[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What's been going on around here? : Writers' Block Party • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What's been going on around here?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: What's been going on around here?

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 pm

[quote="rob-lost"]==I've run small forums before. I don't mind setting one up[/quote]

Would you? That would be great. I'd be a regular poster. I hope a lot of our old regulars would, too. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:50 pm

I'd like to join too for the heck of it.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Looking into it.

Do you guys want a "simple" address? Like http://writerforum.com? Or are you okay with something hosted on a service? http://writerforum.service.com?
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:34 pm

What is the difference? I'm not at all technical, so would like the most simple option. Thanks.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 am

There's no real difference, other than one address may be significantly easier for you to remember.

I'm going to respect the anti-advertising policies here and add the address to my signature, plus PM those who are interested.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for the links.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi, guys. Miss you all! If you get that new forum running I'll see if I can round up some of the old crew for a long overdue reunion. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

TWErvin2
Private E-2

Postby TWErvin2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 am

I have to admit I used to visit here, even if I didn't post too often. But as far as forums go, there this one is in need of some work to make it more efficient and easier for readers to use. That has certainly deterred folks from interacting.

Over the past dozen or so years, this has happened to a lot of forums. They are not as 'popular' as they once were. There are others out there besides AW. I visit there but rarely post. It's a different culture and attitude from many forums.

There are other ones out there besides AW, and some genre specific ones too. But if someone from here starts one, I'd take a look at joining.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:51 am

No offense to anyone, but before "moving", I'd like to know if the same admins would come along, and the same rules and "culture". So same family, different house type of thing. It's just that I've tried various other forums, as others have, and it's really difficult to get started with 'brand new' places, even if there are some familiar characters there. One reason I've stuck with this forum while dropping out of others is because, outside the normal occasional disagreements, it's the one that hasn't gradually been more and more irritating and frustrating in the way the admins run things.

So, my two cents...
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 pm

[quote="TWErvin2"]I have to admit I used to visit here, even if I didn't post too often. But as far as forums go, there this one is in need of some work to make it more efficient and easier for readers to use. That has certainly deterred folks from interacting.

Over the past dozen or so years, this has happened to a lot of forums. They are not as 'popular' as they once were. There are others out there besides AW. I visit there but rarely post. It's a different culture and attitude from many forums.

There are other ones out there besides AW, and some genre specific ones too. But if someone from here starts one, I'd take a look at joining.[/quote]

They need new staff.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party