What's been going on around here?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rob-lost
Corporal

Re: What's been going on around here?

Postby rob-lost » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Done, @mike m.

Just done.

The only one attempting to create gospel is you.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Going to have to second Ostarella and Rob. Too much valuable time wasted repeating myself.
Formerly known as MsMotty/Linzi82

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm

[quote="Lbeauchesne"]Going to have to second Ostarella and Rob. Too much valuable time wasted repeating myself.[/quote]
========

too bad you never had anything to say
then repeating it might be useful

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 pm

There's nothing to explain, Mike. Organic writing doesn't follow a set of rules or guidelines like outlining. An organic writer already knows the rules to writing fiction, then they just start writing. Everyone is different in their approach. Check out the short article from Steven James on how he uses the organic form of writing.

https://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2017/07/a-lesson-in-organic-writing

I use a similar style as Steven. I write everyday and work towards a goal of 1,000 words a day. That keeps me close enough to the work so as to not lose my place. I'll make notes along the way if an idea pops in my head on a certain direction I want to go.

The thing you have to remember about how to books is that they are written from the perspective of the author and how they write. What works for them may not work for you.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:38 pm

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]There's nothing to explain, Mike. Organic writing doesn't follow a set of rules or guidelines like outlining. An organic writer already knows the rules to writing fiction, then they just start writing. Everyone is different in their approach. Check out the short article from Steven James on how he uses the organic form of writing.

I use a similar style as Steven. I write everyday and work towards a goal of 1,000 words a day. That keeps me close enough to the work so as to not lose my place. I'll make notes along the way if an idea pops in my head on a certain direction I want to go.

The thing you have to remember about how to books is that they are written from the perspective of the author and how they write. What works for them may not work for you.[/quote]
======

clearly it doesnt whether you call it organic , intuitive, plunging , or pantsing there is no obvious way to teach others HOW to use that method to write faster better easier

i am looking for what would work for an entire class if we taught that writing method to them

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]There's nothing to explain, Mike. Organic writing doesn't follow a set of rules or guidelines like outlining. An organic writer already knows the rules to writing fiction, then they just start writing. Everyone is different in their approach. Check out the short article from Steven James on how he uses the organic form of writing.

The thing you have to remember about how to books is that they are written from the perspective of the author and how they write. What works for them may not work for you.[/quote]

Thanks for the link, Terry. I recently finished EVERY DEADLY KISS (terrific, of course), and I remember that scene well. It is fascinating to read how it evolved.

I think this short article is as clear an explanation of how an organic writer works as one could wish for.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

We should have a prompt section on this site.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 pm

[quote="Noizchild"]We should have a prompt section on this site.[/quote]

start a discussion to do prompts

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

@mike m:
==i am looking for what would work for an entire class if we taught that writing method to them==
Clearly not. What you're looking for is for someone to do that for you.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 pm

[quote="mike m."]
that would be the typical useless meaningless response you folks always do

try showing evidence that i am wrong
instead of just arguing that your opinion is gospel[/quote]

Bull hockey.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party