pls's Reading Challenge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: pls's Reading Challenge

Postby mike m. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

[quote="pls"]I can no longer access the 2017 Reading Challenge topic thread, so this will have to do.

THE WEED THAT STRINGS THE HANGMAN'S BAG - Alan Bradley - ***** - (week ending July 15)

This series continues to amaze me, as the latest installment is just as good as the first and all the rest. Eleven-year-old Flavia runs into a puppeteer in a broken-down Austin van, along with his female companion, and she begins to wonder why he has fled London and a lucrative television show for this part of the country. As it turns out, a former German prisoner-of-war has the answer.[/quote]
====

????

i can access it

is it a pc problem
could you have mismoused or mistyped something

does not seem to be a WD website problem

now they do have problems at times where maybe the servers are overloaded and you cant access anything or it times out
and sometimes they lock up my pc serving ads but that all usually clears up in a minute or so and works again

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 am

I use Macs, so it's not a PC problem. And now that someone advanced the page I can access it again myself. It's a phpBB problem.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 am

THE WEED THAT STRINGS THE HANGMAN'S BAG - Alan Bradley - ***** - (week ending July 15)
THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA - Ernest Hemingway - ***** - (week ending September 9)

Of all of Hemingway's novels, this is my favorite. It's the ultimate story of man against nature, and contrary to what you may believe about Hemingway's writings, it's replete with details about an old man who has not caught a fish in 84 days and decides to go out again to see what he can do. This is a must-read for everyone.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Previous

Return to Writers' Block Party