2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby mike m. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 pm

[quote="Noizchild"]I'm waiting for my book to be read one last time before I send it off to be published.[/quote]
=====

good for you

who is reading it

where are you publishing it
amazon kindle ?

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 pm

[quote="Lbeauchesne"]Bit of a chill out tonight. First time in a while I've been able to sit and write. OH has gone to the cinema without me, so I'm going to ensure that the open bottle of red doesn't go off ;)
Tomorrow we're at a small party with friends celebrating the release of the live album of their show.[/quote]
========

red bull will keep you writing all night

do come back with a report on how many finished words you got done

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:40 pm

[quote="mike m."][quote="Noizchild"]I'm waiting for my book to be read one last time before I send it off to be published.[/quote]
=====

good for you

who is reading it

where are you publishing it
amazon kindle ?[/quote]

Mom is reading it out with me.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 pm

[quote="mike m."]

do come back with a report on how many finished words you got done[/quote]

I don't need tips on staying awake all night. BTW Red Bull doesn't work on me. However, I've since been told (about 5 hours ago) that a 2012 St Emillion is not for casual drinking while writing. I told OH that I'll appreciate a posh red when he appreciates decent chocolate :lol:
6,500 words of fiction written. Then needed to reply to an email regarding uni, which required me to write some research notes (so much for a nice chilled night of killing off characters), and go back over all my notes and saved papers from last year to make sure I was giving correct information. Thankfully, my log in for old university still works so I can access papers otherwise not available.
Formerly known as MsMotty/Linzi82

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Working hard or hardly working?
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Back from partying. We were cut short after our friendly local police force deemed 20 people, most at least tipsy and tone deaf, singing/shouting along to the chorus of "666" (in French) was not the best idea on a Friday night and very politely requested that we wind it up before they stopped being friendly.
As I'm awake, and not overly incapacitated by alcohol, will endeavour to add to yesterday's word count before bed.

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 pm

[quote="Lbeauchesne"][quote="mike m."]

do come back with a report on how many finished words you got done[/quote]

I don't need tips on staying awake all night. BTW Red Bull doesn't work on me. However, I've since been told (about 5 hours ago) that a 2012 St Emillion is not for casual drinking while writing. I told OH that I'll appreciate a posh red when he appreciates decent chocolate :lol:
6,500 words of fiction written. Then needed to reply to an email regarding uni, which required me to write some research notes (so much for a nice chilled night of killing off characters), and go back over all my notes and saved papers from last year to make sure I was giving correct information. Thankfully, my log in for old university still works so I can access papers otherwise not available.[/quote]
========

6500 is a good amount of progress

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm fighting to stay awake.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:13 pm

I seem to be developing a small group of friends that I have a love-hate relationship with. I promised a couple of friends in Cologne that I would translate my book into German for them, but that they might need to wait a while as I need to prioritise my Masters. "Ah, but you are fluent in German, you can do this over the summer." One of my friends in La Rochelle spotted me working on the translation. I now have a request to translate it into French, as soon as I am finished with the German translation. "It won't take long, you could probably do it in a couple of weeks. You have plenty of time to do the masters."
I wonder if it's too late to change the subject of my masters?

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 pm

[quote="Lbeauchesne"]I seem to be developing a small group of friends that I have a love-hate relationship with. I promised a couple of friends in Cologne that I would translate my book into German for them, but that they might need to wait a while as I need to prioritise my Masters. "Ah, but you are fluent in German, you can do this over the summer." One of my friends in La Rochelle spotted me working on the translation. I now have a request to translate it into French, as soon as I am finished with the German translation. "It won't take long, you could probably do it in a couple of weeks. You have plenty of time to do the masters."
I wonder if it's too late to change the subject of my masters?[/quote]
======

dunno
what is the subject of your masters

i would run it through a couple of translation engines
and then just edit it instead of doing it all from scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party