[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Your Least Favorite Horror : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Your Least Favorite Horror

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Your Least Favorite Horror

Postby Noizchild » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:59 pm

In the spirit of October and Halloween, what is your least favorite horror trope?
Last edited by Noizchild on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Your Least Favorite Horror

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:24 am

Mammoth, hairy spiders.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:03 pm

i don't usually watch the gross horror movies and I don't like gross horror stuff like gooey gobs of gopher guts.

What about you?
Formerly known as rosebud.

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:16 pm

The protagonist is running away and then... oh no! They tripped and fell!
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:50 pm

I haven't followed recent-release horror movies in a long time; but that's no different from my normal stance on movies which is that I really only tolerate indie, experimental, foreign, or classics.

Classic horror --I know that genre pretty well and (pursuant to your opening remark) one reason which supports my preference is that if it's a classic, then it doesn't often disappoint me with silly goofs. Like, when I'm watching Robert Wise direct 1965's 'The Haunting' I know I'm in good hands.

A buddy of mine can't handle any goofs in movies whatsoever. Glitches make him turn off the flick or else get up and leave the theater. This is not normal, in my opinion. Goofs are part of the product. Almost every flick has tiny goofs. But when everything else in the flick is done well, you should be transported right over any snag. It's lesser-quality films where goofs and cliches, really stand out.
Blow up the bridge?!

cynicalwanderer

Postby cynicalwanderer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:16 pm

"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Blow up the bridge?!

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:03 am

I like horror. But finding good horror books or movies is hard to do. Though there is one thing I hate about it and that's the "Chucky" movies, at least when I was a kid. But back then they had dolls called "Corky and Cricket" which made sleep at night hard after the "Chucky" movies. The "Corky" doll favors "Chucky" a lot, so as a small child having one of those made me hate those dolls. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

HawkEliz489
Private E-2

Postby HawkEliz489 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 am

“Do I look like the leader of this merry band of misfits?”

Return to Writers' Block Party