[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NaNoWriMo Anybody? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

NaNoWriMo Anybody?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Rosedarling
Sergeant

NaNoWriMo Anybody?

Postby Rosedarling » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:42 pm

For those of you unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, This is a group of writers who come together to challenge their writing skills and produce a 50,000 word novel during the entire month of November. A daunting task but it is also a lot of fun when you have fellow writers sharing the experience. There are several people in this forum who have joined in before so if you have questions, just ask.

I have participated 2 years. Once pretty successful and once I totally bombed. But I'd like to try again this year and was wondering if anyone wanted to join me. September is a preparation month for NaNoWriMo. If you're interested check out the website.

I hope to hear from you.

Rosalie
a.k.a. Rosedarling
formerly rosebud

:D
Formerly known as rosebud.

devildogwhite
Private E-2

Re: NaNoWriMo Anybody?

Postby devildogwhite » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:45 pm

There is no Miss Zarves. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:44 pm

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:21 am

I participated nine years and was an ML (for Kansas::Elsewhere) for three, but I've decided not to participate this year for various reasons, mostly health-related.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:47 am

I pulled out last year (and forgot to save the story I had half-written, so lost it forever). I might give Nano another shot this year, if only to help me get text onto the page for the Family History. I can always edit and put in photographs later. I am losing my enthusiasm for finishing the History and I really want to wrap it up this year. Maybe Nano will be the way to accomplish that.

BTW, just noticed that today is your 8th anniversary of joining the WD forum, PLS. Doesn't time fly?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:01 pm

I'm happy to see the discussion about this. It's encouraging to see the maybes. I hope some newbies will join in too.

Two and a half years ago I stopped writing altogether for a job that occupied all my time. During the past few months I had all the time in the world but came up with nothing. My nano experience kept me motivated to write everyday. Writing with a group made it fun and I looked forward to it. I brought the subject up because I'm going back to work and I don't want to lose the writing part of my life again. I also want to get back in touch with my fellow forumites who have supported me over the years.

Thanks for the responses. Anyone else?

G.E.Plum
Private E-1

Postby G.E.Plum » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Sounds interesting. What is the purpose of it? Publication? Critiques? Getting read?

What does "NaNoWriMo" mean, anyway? It's always sounded like baby-talk to me. I would like to know what it stands for. :)

devildogwhite
Private E-2

Postby devildogwhite » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:56 pm

There is no Miss Zarves. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

jackblossom
Private E-1

Postby jackblossom » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:42 pm

I'll definitely join this year! I'm slowly making progress on a story right now so this may be the nudge I need to actually get it all out of my head and onto paper.

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 am

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party