[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Competing Titles? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Competing Titles?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Isa Halley
Private E-1

Competing Titles?

Postby Isa Halley » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:37 am

I have a real problem with finding competing titles for proposal. I wrote a non-fiction book- self- help....when I looked on Amazon there are no books like mine. They talk about a fraction of concepts from my book but never about the whole thing- the whole message so they aren't really competing titles.

There're 3 books on the market that would be competing titles because each of them has 1/3 of my message so together they share a message from my book. But these are not recently published books, they were published in 1984, 2001 and 2006. Would that be okay? Or do I need titles from 2011-2015. How many titles do I need to mention? Is 3 enough?

I'd be grateful if someone found a moment to reply- much appreciated:)

williamadams

Re: Competing Titles?

Postby williamadams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 pm

if you mean to list in a proposal
then list what is there and note that they only compete partially

otherwise it should not be an issue to anyone at all

my opinion is worth every penny you paid for it

devildogwhite
Private E-2

Postby devildogwhite » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:06 pm

There is no Miss Zarves. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

Isa Halley
Private E-1

Postby Isa Halley » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks a lot :)

Isa Halley
Private E-1

Postby Isa Halley » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:13 am

Great point!- many thanks :)

Return to Writers' Block Party