[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
"Contemporary miracles" : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

"Contemporary miracles"

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Zorg
Private E-1

"Contemporary miracles"

Postby Zorg » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:01 pm

One of my WIP's involves a subplot of what can best be described as 'Southern California miracles.' This is meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek and somewhat smart-alecky as SoCal is not generally known for it's piousness. With that in mind, there has to be a certain degree of narcissism or selfishness involved re:what people want. For example:

"I want two parking spaces for my car."
"I want a low body mass index."
"I want an expensive designer dress so I can look fantastic at my charity dinner for the homeless."

Things of that nature.

I'm kind of stuck on conjuring up some examples that would have a level of snark and irony pertaining to self-absorbed people.

Any suggestions?
Wildcat... wild... cat... pow... wildcat...

devildogwhite
Private E-2

Re: "Contemporary miracles"

Postby devildogwhite » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:23 pm

I don't have any specific ideas for you, but I know California is lousy with social justice warriors so maybe you could try something with that.
There is no Miss Zarves. There is no nineteenth story. Sorry.

u.v.ray
Private E-2

Re: "Contemporary miracles"

Postby u.v.ray » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:40 am

Out from Murder Slim Press:
We Are Glass - Short Stories.
Spiral Out - novella
The Migrant - novella
Black Cradle - novel

Return to Writers' Block Party