[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Any Christian Writers Here? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Any Christian Writers Here?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
G.E.Plum
Private E-1

Any Christian Writers Here?

Postby G.E.Plum » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 am

I'm shell-shocked from the things I've learned today about Christian publishers and literary agents.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'll be glad to post more if anyone responds. :)

DrG2
Colonel

Re: Any Christian Writers Here?

Postby DrG2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:43 pm

what shocks you? That they're in it for the money?

u.v.ray
Private E-2

Postby u.v.ray » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Out from Murder Slim Press:
We Are Glass - Short Stories.
Spiral Out - novella
The Migrant - novella
Black Cradle - novel

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:16 am

Yeah, letting us in on what shocked you would be helpful. As to money and exploitation - well, that's what any successful business does (provides what people want). Definitely not restricted to any particular religion. :roll:
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

u.v.ray
Private E-2

Postby u.v.ray » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 am

Out from Murder Slim Press:
We Are Glass - Short Stories.
Spiral Out - novella
The Migrant - novella
Black Cradle - novel

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:53 pm

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:35 am

Although my writing is varied, I seem to be the only one who continually contributes to the spiritual writing section. That said, I have been published six times in various religious magazines. Some have paid for my article and some have not. It's not always being paid that matters, it is also the exposure of your name and the type of article you write that really counts. I presently have self published a book of meditations, which I am mostly giving away to those whom I feel could use the strength of prayer to help them through some trying times. I hope this helps you.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:07 am

A friend of mine wrote a Christian SF novel once. It was reasonably good, however he was unable to get it placed, and ended up going for self pub. That said, I don't really know much about the market other than having read the Left Behind series and a few inspirationals, so I can't offer much advice here other than what I said in the other thread.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

Return to Writers' Block Party