[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Balancing Act : Writers' Block Party • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Balancing Act

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
roda havet
Captain

Re: Balancing Act

Postby roda havet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 pm

[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

u.v.ray
Private E-2

Postby u.v.ray » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:15 am

In my observation over many years I've seen people make all manner of excuses. And that's all they are -- excuses.

I always carry my notebook with me and write on the move,wherever I go. Writers do not have holidays. Writers do not take breaks. You can't because it's something inside you. The only question is whether you take the physical act of writing it down.

If you have time to write on Twitter, Facebook, here, or particularly on a blog, then you have time to write.

Personally, I get up at 5am to write.

Truth is, the vast majority of those who want to be writers simply don't have the discipline required to apply themselves to the task. In my view, it really does come down to that.
Out from Murder Slim Press:
We Are Glass - Short Stories.
Spiral Out - novella
The Migrant - novella
Black Cradle - novel

MyCreativeJunction
Private E-1

Postby MyCreativeJunction » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:09 am

Yikes some people on here don't mince their words :o

thanks for the feedback, i appreciate everyone's opinions and ideas. on the back of this thread i''ve actually written my first ever piece of flash fiction which is something i'd never considered before so i'm taking that as a positive.
Aspiring author and blogger

creator of www.mycreativejunction.com

@mycreativejunc

Previous

Return to Writers' Block Party