[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Prompt #2 : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Prompt #2

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Prompt #2

Postby Noizchild » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Your neighbor asks you to look after a metal box the size of a freezer covered in duct tape while they are gone for a few days. You agree to do it. However, weeks pass and your neighbor still hasn't returned for the box. Curious, you decide to open it.

What's in the box?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

cynicalwanderer

Re: Prompt #2

Postby cynicalwanderer » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:08 am

The face-melting contents of the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders. Neighbour is still trying to get a crack in the original ark repaired.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

Loren Killdeer
Private First Class

Postby Loren Killdeer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Cake, of course. Strawberry and cream multiple layers cake.
It happens that you can open the door to the Underworld by eating it, so I would not reccoment it. Also, try to avoid empty calories
“Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
― Mark Twain

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 am

A special key is in the box. And that key opens a door to a whole new world that holds the secrets of everyone. The map to find that door is also in the box. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:18 am

More boxes, more boxes, more boxes; each one gruesomely shrouded in tape. In the center, at the very core, the gem of hallelujah appeared.

Carly Berg
Corporal

Postby Carly Berg » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:37 pm

You mean it can be something besides a body?
My books (available at Amazon):
Story Prompts That Work
Writing Flash Fiction: How to Write Very Short Stories and Get Them Published
Coffee House Lies: 100 Cups of Flash Fiction

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm

You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you