[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
So . . . how was your day? : Writers' Block Party • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

So . . . how was your day?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: So . . . how was your day?

Postby Noizchild » Mon May 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Pretty good. Saw some anime and played Sims 4. I will go back when I finish typing up this chapter.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

cynicalwanderer

Postby cynicalwanderer » Tue May 31, 2016 6:13 am

Which anime series do you watch?
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Tue May 31, 2016 6:16 am

My days have been very busy it seems. Noizchild, anime in my opinion is better to watch the most sitcoms. I watch anime with my husband. There's a lot of good anime out there. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

cynicalwanderer

Postby cynicalwanderer » Tue May 31, 2016 6:25 am

For sure, the depth and quality of story and character to be found in a good anime can often far exceed the tired tropes and regurgitation of Western cinema these days. Although once you've seen enough to become familiar with the patterns, anime certainly has plenty of its own tropes too.

Most fans start with the big three shonen animes - Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece - and then go on from there to explore other sub-genres. There's one called Food Wars currently running, which is about a school for cooking contests and is fantastic.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 am

I've watched Food Wars before; it's a pretty good anime. They have a site dedicated to anime and that's where we watch most of the anime. I have found that there is a wide variety of shows. Most of them have a good story line, depending o what you like. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:32 pm

My days have been going pretty good. Just busy writing, reading, and dealing with summer being here. :)

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 am

Where are your favorite places in your house?

I did a serious purge in my house New Year's day (thank you marie kondo) and looking around I am left with things I don't see in other's kitchens: a wind chime, a prism casting rainbows on sunny mornings before 10, garden plaques with butterflies on "life" and "faith" hanging on walls, sparkly ornaments, silk flower garlands replacing window curtains, the fridge covered with art by my 5 year old grandson, flower curtains, my 24 year old son's bike. (Seinfeld-esque, no?)

Outside of my very small wearing down 1890 farmhouse's side porch entry I see my white rock path with starburst lights, a peacock whimsy stake, birdhouse, bear eating honey (resin), hummingbird feeder, finch feeder, and lavender plants and flowers in planters.

My kitchen and my porch are my two favorite places in my house, probably in my life.

Since I took today off from work and it's a beautiful day, I'm going on that porch right now. :)

Noizchild

Postby Noizchild » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 pm

I learned how to broil burgers and hot dogs today.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Carly Berg
Corporal

Postby Carly Berg » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Sort of grumpy without much reason right now. One son is going on a trip and I want him to invite his brother but don't know if I should butt in. I probably will because I usually do haha.

Also, I invited a bunch of people over because I want to have a summer party but no one has answered me. Trying to figure out if it's too early to sulk and eat some worms or what.

I stayed up all night writing then went with DH to a doctor's appointment, then slept, until my cats started fighting next to my head and woke me up.

Oh well, Real Housewives of New York is on in five minutes, so there's something.

Oh dear. I'm pitiful.
My books (available at Amazon):
Story Prompts That Work
Writing Flash Fiction: How to Write Very Short Stories and Get Them Published
Coffee House Lies: 100 Cups of Flash Fiction

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party