[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
So . . . how was your day? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

So . . . how was your day?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
nhope
Lieutenant

So . . . how was your day?

Postby nhope » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:53 am

In keeping committed to my Pact (separate thread) I'd like to open this up to hear about your day. And in this day, what did you see or experience that was unusual or unexpected, something that made you say "hm..."

Personal or casual, short or long, metered between joy and grief, something you were witness to or part of or taken aback by, that for a few brief moments stole you away from yourself and forced you to look at a difference, the experience of a life. A person, butterfly, peacock, alligator, boa, llama, or slug, all matters.

And if you've actually introduced it as part of your story, how wonderful! Share that too!

nhope
Lieutenant

Re: So . . . how was your day?

Postby nhope » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:02 am

I went to visit my family at the cemetery Sunday. On the end of one row was a fresh mound of dirt, flowers surrounding, more flowers snuggled around the mound than I have ever seen after the services have ended. Their fragrance, carried by the warm breeze caused me to stop. GALLANT was the name on the headstone, with a husband and wife inscription, birth dates making them approaching 90 years. Who were the flowers for?

On the bottom of the stone was this inscription - "There are words in silence"

I took out my notecards, wrote it down, and started to cry.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:56 am

The month of April has always been a fun month. I was born in this month, but I have something to write about that next week. However, today is very special to me. You see thirty years ago, I stood in our new house living room with my sweetheart and we were married by a justice of the peace. My sweetheart is no longer with me to celebrate this wonderful day, but I shall carry on with a nice breakfast at our favorite restaurant. However, to explain further why April/May is so memorable is that we always celebrated three precious days at one time, our anniversary, my birthday and his birthday, which is in May. I will not elaborate on my precious memories today, you will just have to wait until next week while I put the finishing touches on my tribute to the months of April/May. I hope everyone will put a special smile on their face and enjoy this wonderful April day, just as I will :) .
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:09 am

April is a special month for me because my anniversary is at the beginning of April and my birthday is only a few days away. Back when my husband had his surgery in Dec. 2015 there was some complications. So when my 13th anniversary got here in April I was the happiest woman in the world. Because in Dec. I wasn't sure what was going to happen or if my husband would make it through surgery to celebrate our 13th anniversary. Thank goodness he did! Now we will be celebrating my birthday together and hopefully will be able to continue to do so for years to come. I knew life was precious and that every moment counted for something. But when I realized that my husband was okay and going to be with me for many years to come I found life is more then precious. The moments we spend with loved ones are more then precious and that we should never take things for granted. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Quoyle
Private First Class

Postby Quoyle » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:48 am

April -- a month of joy and rebirth. Sunshine, flowers, tree blossoms, and a heavenly fragrance carried in the night and morning air. Streets, lawns, gardens, and even driveways sprinkled and lined with pink cherry blossoms, like confetti thrown to celebrate the joining of Spring with Early Summer.

A busy month so far. Spring cleaning, house renos, and a search for a new sofa, which brought us to different parts of town and lunch at new-to-us restaurants: Burgoo -- for comfort food (we were tired from our unsuccessful search and needed comforting ;) ), and a Jewish cafe', with an odd decor of eclectic, rather beat-up tables and chairs (one chair of which was even held together with duct tape), but the best soup and bagels in town. Gave up the sofa search -- found a fab fabric and decided to get our present sofa re-upholstered.

Acquired a new role of Zone Captain added to my yearly role of door-to-door canvasser for the Cancer Society. Thanks to the generosity of friends and neighbours, the April Campaign is going really well.

What's new? I joined an online amateur photo group. Still finding my way around the website.

Quoyle/Jowen

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:31 pm

So, today on my way home from work I was so absorbed in thinking about a story scene that I missed my own exit. Went two miles out of the way before I noticed things were looking a little odd. ha!

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello all. From early this morning around 5:30am until 11am I was struggling to wake up and get myself out of bed. Maybe it was so difficult because the day before I had physical therapy for my shoulders followed by a massage. Poor me, you're thinking. At noon the family started asking me to take them places and get them things. This is good, I thought, it will keep me busy. This afternoon my son and I went to the doctor's office. This ordeal took about two and a half hours but it was worth it. I got to learn how to give myself a B12 shot in the thigh. Don't worry, it didn't hurt. The shots are to help me wake up and keep moving all day. Hope it works. So now I sit here typing away hoping I'll be able to get to sleep tonight. Who knows, maybe I get super productive on my writing projects. Now that would be a nice accomplishment.
Formerly known as rosebud.

lifeontherun
Private First Class

Postby lifeontherun » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:59 am

Good morning everyone, this is a fine day.

I've had my username, here, as many different things but when I was able to get on line again I was absolutely on the run with a drastically different lifestyle. It's difficult, I hear, at my age,to pick up roots and start all over again, but my son made it a picnic for me. I've been living in one of his cabins, over the past five months, while we acquire some new property for me.

I have been in a total new environment and it's been just about as easy as crying all night and praying all day.

Thought I would throw that in but everything is hunky dory.

Buying a new house is a more expensive deal than i expected. In this part of the country I have heavy duty HOA (Home Owners Association), dues to pay and I'm not too happy about paying for something out of my bracket. But it's a legacy and I'm happy to have to leave. (Oh my! This is edited to say, I mean, I'm happy to leave it.) Guess I'm ready to go...(grin).

The thing about this day of banking and taking care of all the little loose ends, is, I sat on my thumb, actually I sort of wrenched it under my hip, felt it pop, and now I'm sure it was just out of joint, instead of arthritis.

Ah, the simple things in life are a pleasure.

"There are words in silence" I love this! Today day is the day the Teddy Bears are going to picnic with this fine thought. Thank you for sharing that nhope.

Have a great day everyone.

OccasionalWriter
Private E-1

Postby OccasionalWriter » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:23 pm

I woke up this morning and started my usual routine, getting myself ready for the day, having breakfast, getting out the door onto the public bus to come down to Seattle and do my volunteer bit. There were a few tears, because I was thinking about how I have wanted to marry the same gentleman for 20 years, and he's always said no to me. Towards the end, I got obsessed with buying wedding dresses and little diamond rings for myself. I kept wanting to talk to him, but he finally told me he didn't ever want to talk to me again. Yesterday I sent him an e-card that read, "Marry Me!" with catchy music and a picture of a moving heart and rose. I included a little love note, and he hasn't gotten it yet. Also I recently bought my latest diamond and silver ring for myself. It is very small, because it was all I could afford this time. The engagement ring I once inherited from my grandmother I lost a long time ago, I bought a replacement ring but when I took it to a pawn store, they told me the quality of the diamond was worthless, they plucked it out and threw it in the trash, and they gave me a little bit of money for the gold. The next ring was higher quality, but it was very small and silver. I eventually ended up giving it to a Catholic charity thrift store. The next ring was something I saved up for a long time for, but I had to sell that one, too, because I tend to need the money. The next one was a pre-owned promise ring I got off of eBay, and it was lovely, but again I took it to the pawn store. This last ring fits my finger, and hopefully it will mean something this time. And I don't want to talk about the wedding dresses. My mother's wedding dress once fit me, and it was a size 6 in wedding dress sizes. I kept gaining weight. I kept buying wedding dresses that didn't end up fitting me. The last one does fit me, but I've gained even more weight since I tried it on. I just couldn't stop eating all these 20 years I've wanted to marry him. So, either he says yes, or he calls the police and tells them I'm stalking him, because he did say he didn't want to talk to me anymore. I can't stop crying in the mornings because of it. I started praying the rosary in the mornings on the bus, silently with my fingers to help me keep count, and in the afternoon on the bus. I started praying an additional chaplet, which is called, The Chaplet of the Seven Sorrows of Mary. I have been everywhere, to the ends of the earth, because I love him, and because I need to have eight children before it's too late. I am about ready to lose hope. So that's what I'm thinking about today, and that is how my day is going.

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party